Evolution Pro Cut Spade

Please post any topics related to metal detecting spades, trowels and general Digging tools here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Spades
Blackadder43

Re: Evolution Pro Cut Spade

Post by Blackadder43 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:37 pm

I will alert mrix to your post here and he will advise you

When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Hello Gary

I'm Steve one half of the Evolution team..(Not including our Girl Friday - Ruth) ;)

We offer both the custom length and carrying lugs free of charge to forum members.

On purchasing through the MDF Shop, please just put a note of your requirements... ::g
Evolution Solutions Detecting Products...
oderint dum metuant

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:37 pm

A good decision Gary, had mine a couple of years now the quality and workmanship is unbeatable!! ::g ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Rhoco71

Post by Rhoco71 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:34 pm

I think this one was 950mm overall length , our standard ones are 830mm.

The prices are cheapest on here,through the MDF Shop.

The length change and lugs are free of charge and if coating or a metal D handle is required there is a note on the advert giving the costs. ::g
Evolution Solutions Detecting Products...
oderint dum metuant

Junior

Post by Junior » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:14 am

I might of booo boo ed here Mrs said got to have a Valentine's prezzie. So after a few failed attempts a spade woz settled on. Didn't really look into it or nowt. Evo pro cut. Looks good. Tried Mr Crawford. Out of stock so it had to b mr R. Next day free del. Brill. Now the booo boooed bit is the pro cut meant for woodland - meadow- OR can u use it for what ever. ??? It seems Very well made and sharp as hell. The bulk of my detecting is arable land. Is this a doooooo moment. Cheers. rl; rl; Mrs goes. O you can never have tooo many spades.

Wigeon

Post by Wigeon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:38 am

Junior wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:14 am
I might of booo boo ed here Mrs said got to have a Valentine's prezzie. So after a few failed attempts a spade woz settled on. Didn't really look into it or nowt. Evo pro cut. Looks good. Tried Mr Crawford. Out of stock so it had to b mr R. Next day free del. Brill. Now the booo boooed bit is the pro cut meant for woodland - meadow- OR can u use it for what ever. ??? It seems Very well made and sharp as hell. The bulk of my detecting is arable land. Is this a doooooo moment. Cheers. rl; rl; Mrs goes. O you can never have tooo many spades.
My pal and I use ours for all types of ground. My pal has the toothed one whilst mine is the straight edged. They really are an excellent piece of kit, so well made. Excellent service too.
You will not be disappointed with it.
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Emily

Post by Emily » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:23 am

Ian also really interested in getting this spade, but am equally confused by the options of having it customised to a particular length.

I am 5ft 8 and can get a bad back quite easily, so does anyone have any advice on a recommended length for me please??

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:44 am

Hello all, once the purchase has been made a message board opens up to the seller so you can add messages for custom changes required ::g
mrix

chip

Post by chip » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:54 am

I have an evolution nt spade and it is excellent, the reason for a smaller spade is to save weight and ease of carrying (you can hold it by the handle without it dragging on the ground) but at the expense of comfort in use. I had mine made to 930mm, 4 inches longer than standard 830mm due to an old back injury so stooping to dig is not only uncomfortable for me but could trigger a flare up of ongoing pain. What I did do to save any weight gained by the extra length was to order the plastic D handle as opposed to the T or steel D. It just means I have to carry it by holding just below the handle to keep it off the ground. I’m not one for over the shoulder.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Wigeon

Post by Wigeon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:58 am

Emily wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:23 am
Ian also really interested in getting this spade, but am equally confused by the options of having it customised to a particular length.

I am 5ft 8 and can get a bad back quite easily, so does anyone have any advice on a recommended length for me please??
I would think the standard length would be right for you Emily. My pal is about 5'8'' and he gets on very well with the standard length spade. I am 6' so went for the four inches longer version.
We both have the T handle and didnt bother with the carrying rings. Very pleased with our purchases. ::g
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Polyspaston

Post by Polyspaston » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi Emily,

I agree that the standard length should be ok for you. I am 5'8 and have the procut se in standrd length and that suits me.
I have broken a few spades in my time, but this one feels really solid.

Best wishes

TinTin

Post by TinTin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Had mine for a couple of years, has done a lot of digging in all sorts of grounds and it’s as good as the day I bought it.
TinTin
Sometimes even the devil on my shoulders whispers.... WTF are you up to now

Return to “Metal Detecting Spades and Digging Tools”