Goldmax power V4 or Deus lite

Topics related to XP metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
XP Videos
James1962

Goldmax power V4 or Deus lite

Post by James1962 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm

I purchased an E trac about five years ago and could not get to grips with the screen and display etc so have now decided to purchase either the Goldmax power V4 for its simplicity or should I opt for the Deus lite as they are basically the same price .
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
James

Bargeman

Re: Goldmax power V4 or Deus lite

Post by Bargeman » Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Not sure where you live but if you are anywhere near North Hampshire, I have a GMP you are welcome to have a try with ::g

BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Have a look on the Xp Skill School YouTube channel, Gary has done one Ws4 Deus Lite v GMP.
Might help you decide.

Bob ::g

James1962

Post by James1962 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks guys . I'm actually in Cumbria but that's a very kind offer 😊

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:36 pm

bob79 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:21 pm
Have a look on the Xp Skill School YouTube channel, Gary has done one Ws4 Deus Lite v GMP.
Might help you decide.

Bob ::g
Good shout Bob ::g

This is the link that Bob was referring to

EDIT: playing devils advocate though, remember XP wanted their GoldMaxx owners to buy their new Deus so this video maybe not be completely unbiased!
XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 12 :D

Junior

Post by Junior » Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 pm

I had the goldmaxxxx power " the hammered hover"" ummm never dug so much iron in my life..tryed regtons settings etc ..... some people have great success with them but not me and my ears couldn't tell different sounds all sounded good to me .... 3 months later got read of it ....eventually ended up with a dues no. 15 th detector ( at time u could only buy a dues full at 1250 so went for cheaper goldmaxxx even though mrs said have the dues )( should of listened to her ) and still have it 4 yrs on!!!!! So I'd say a dues....talked to one bloke who reckoned the goldmaxxxx woz better when on the earlier chips not v4......as said above look on xp training school vid ....

James1962

Post by James1962 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:54 pm

Very thought provoking buddy , many thanks
James

Digger Drew

Post by Digger Drew » Mon May 21, 2018 4:23 am

i have the goldaxx power v4 and original goldmaxx both excellent machines definately hammy hoovers and if you learn the sounds you wont be digging much iron at all , i get lots of cut quarters and have had cut 1/8 hamereds too and many other items that are even smaller also had an elizabeth portcullis halfpenny at 5inch depth which is a tiny coin and two silver maundy pennies one being charles ii and other being william and mary, i know many people who have had the deus and goldmaxx and have gone back to the goldmaxx i have been out a few times on my permissions wth people using there deuses and have found more than them everytime even with them using a larger coil i always use the 9 inch coil unless i think there may be a scattered hoard or similar then i go over the site after with my 18 inch coil , certainly loves silver and buttons find so mny buttons went out with a friend he was using a different brand and i the xp i had 20 buttons in two hours he had two he was coming over to check my signals and it wasnt picking some up and saying others were scrap untill i took plug of soil out , hes had a lot of good finds over the years and been doing it a very long time hes had many detectors including xp fter seing how well mine does he is looking into getting one hope this helps
2019(11 hammereds including Charles 1st half crown and a gold ring )

XP Goldmaxx + Goldmaxx power+ permission +time= finds

Digger Drew

Post by Digger Drew » Mon May 21, 2018 4:25 am

also done test against a deus and the goldmaxx went deeper on the right settings i dont use the recommended settings have my own settings that seem to work better for me only problem with my settings its a little more difficult to understandd the tones
2019(11 hammereds including Charles 1st half crown and a gold ring )

XP Goldmaxx + Goldmaxx power+ permission +time= finds

norriian

Post by norriian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:36 am

Digger Drew wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:25 am
also done test against a deus and the goldmaxx went deeper on the right settings i dont use the recommended settings have my own settings that seem to work better for me only problem with my settings its a little more difficult to understandd the tones
Would it be possible to see your settings please?

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 am

James1962 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm
I purchased an E trac about five years ago and could not get to grips with the screen and display etc so have now decided to purchase either the Goldmax power V4 for its simplicity or should I opt for the Deus lite as they are basically the same price .
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
James
hello, what detector did you decide on james?

saltwaysweeper

Post by saltwaysweeper » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 am

Both perform well, but...
Deus lite is about 20 ounces lighter to swing, makes a lot of difference when you consider you can swing longer and cover more ground.

littleboot

Post by littleboot » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:56 am

I can detect all day with the GMP, no problem. Great for muscle tone in upper arms too. lol
XP wanted to get people to go over to the Deus Lite from the GMP with the idea they would then upgrade further and buy the remote I suppose. But the GMP is a special machine and I wouldn't swap it for a lite. So as someone wisely said above...these comparisons are often loaded in some way to fit the needs/wants of the manufacturer. I rarely trust any of these comparisons. Too often manipulated and worthless.
If anyone is digging a lot of iron with a GMP they are either set up wrong or need top get their ears checked. :D
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

saltwaysweeper

Post by saltwaysweeper » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:31 pm

In the last 9 years i went from the 150 to adventis 2 then the gmp, then to the deus v2, then to v5 lite. all good/great/fantastic machines, but imo the deus lite v5 is the best of the bunch. maybe i feel that way because i have stepped up through the range and appreciate what each has to offer. my opinion has no bias.

Return to “XP Forum”