XP Remote Question

Topics related to XP metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
XP Videos
carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi I recently bought a used Deus lite and I'm thinking about buying a remote , I think mine is the 3.0 version is it just a case of buying any remote for it because the remote will be running the latest version , and am I right in thinking that my headphones will need updating to latest software , I have the 9inch black coil if that makes a difference.... thanks



User avatar
f8met
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 am
Location: Cambs and Suffolk
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 671 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by f8met » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:03 pm

You can update to any version of software. Most like to have V4 with the black coils.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2019 16 Hammered

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:35 pm

I've just learned that the target Id can be displayed on the ws4 headphones ,so I'm not sure whether to get the remote or just mount my headphone to the stem because I've only just started detecting and think the remote might be too much to understand , I went on my first club dig today and dug a lot of iron and feel the target id would have helped me a bit I don't think I'm at the level of relying on tones alone yet and after watching some Deus videos online I probably left a lot of good targets in the ground today thinking they were iron rl;

User avatar
JBM
Posts: 2626
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 am
Location: Bristol
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 482 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by JBM » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:00 am

I would not be without the remote.

I often refer to the X Y screen visual display.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 3801
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 1929 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by Easylife » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:21 am

Having a remote is handy but not essential and will unlikely mean any more or better finds so I'd say just hang onto your spare dosh for now. You should hardly be digging any iron though, so not sure what program or settings you are using. Maybe you are digging the targets which are a bit too grunty? Though all detectors are fooled by iron to some extent. It's probably best to just stick to digging the clear high tones for now until you can interperet the grunty high tones quite well. Pretty much if a high tone is solidly repeatable amongst the iron low tones then it is most likely a non-ferrous target close to iron. Whereas just the odd high tone amongst the low tones will most likely be iron. The initial target numbers are not important as any nearby iron will drag them down, so just going by tones is good! ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

Junior
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm
Has thanked: 274 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by Junior » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:08 am

Up date to latest prog it'll b all on ws4 s then buy a wrist module holder like a watch strap or a module holder for the stem and some back phones say £60 ish instead of £400-£500 for a s/h controler...mate runs lead down the inside of the arm of his coat to keep it out of the way when using the wrist item....they are not as durable but ull say £££££ ::g try xp skill school vids on tubie thing.....XP Deus WS4 wristband accessory.

"""""" Wristband module holder ....Needs XPD099 - Jack output adaptor also

XP are proud to announce yet another exciting accessory for the Deus

The new XP wristband allows Deus users the option of removing the small electronic control unit from the headband (slides off) and after attaching the headphone adaptor simply slides into the bracelet moulding.

WS4’s can control many different options such as discrimination, sensitivity, frequency, coil selection, ground balance, tones, volume, battery status & 10 different programs from the menu it also has its own small screen offering target ID. By having this attached to your wrist a quick glance offers you the information extremely conveniently, it will even fit over a heavy raincoat.

As the Deus coil and WS4’s are weatherproof there’s no need to worry if it rains, very light, weighing in at only 100g (complete) and offering you the additional flexibility to use your own favourite headphones"""""".

One issue though u will need to find someone to use there controler to update everything or a friendly dealer might do it for you

User avatar
pengles
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:43 am
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by pengles » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:33 am

Hi. I have a Deus lite as well. Have never had the remote but know someone who does use one. I felt it was an awful lot of money to shell out on and would have more or less doubled the price of the machine so have just used it as is. I use the WS4 phones with the puck controller clipped into them in the summer, and full over ear phones in the winter (stops getting earache from the cold wind blasting into your ears and keeps them warm). The puck is clipped into the Deus silicone wristband with the wire to the phones down my sleeve. Works a treat. With the puck controller on my wrist I can then see the numbers, but to be honest with you once you're used to just digging by tones the numbers really don't mean a lot. I'm still running V3 as it just works really well, so I'm thinking 'why change things, if it ain't broke don't fix it' You can make up and store your own programmes with the puck controller as well. I personally wouldn't clip it onto the stem as it then takes away the freedom of not being attached to the detector which to my mind is a real pain. Just my thoughts. Good luck.
XP Deus Light
GP pointer

chip
Posts: 909
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 320 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by chip » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:15 am

I have the remote but always forget to check the numbers more often than not. I would never not dig a good sounding signal based on the numbers anyway as you never know what it could be.

I have been on a dig where I was digging bullet after bullet after bullet but just could not resist the good tones.

I have a rule of it has to have a good repeatable signal from atleast three directions as opposed to a two way repeatable signal, as a target that gives a perfect east west signal but an iron grunt north to south is always iron in my experience.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:18 am

Thanks for all the helpful replays guys ,I'm going to save my money and do the clip it to the stem and use some of the money saved to buy some decent outdoor clothing and a finds bag, have a merry xmas ::g

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:14 pm

pengles wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:33 am
Hi. I have a Deus lite as well. Have never had the remote but know someone who does use one. I felt it was an awful lot of money to shell out on and would have more or less doubled the price of the machine so have just used it as is. I use the WS4 phones with the puck controller clipped into them in the summer, and full over ear phones in the winter (stops getting earache from the cold wind blasting into your ears and keeps them warm). The puck is clipped into the Deus silicone wristband with the wire to the phones down my sleeve. Works a treat. With the puck controller on my wrist I can then see the numbers, but to be honest with you once you're used to just digging by tones the numbers really don't mean a lot. I'm still running V3 as it just works really well, so I'm thinking 'why change things, if it ain't broke don't fix it' You can make up and store your own programmes with the puck controller as well. I personally wouldn't clip it onto the stem as it then takes away the freedom of not being attached to the detector which to my mind is a real pain. Just my thoughts. Good luck.
I'm a bit confused with coils , can I buy any Deus coil and pair it with my Ws4's or will my headphones need updating from my V3 programme ?

bob79
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:01 pm
Location: Oxon/Wilts border.
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by bob79 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:53 pm

You can only pair coils running V3xx with your Ws4 headphones,

Bob ::g

User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 3801
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 1929 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by Easylife » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:33 pm

WS4's and coil need to be using the same software version. Any update can only be done using a remote and a PC. But anyone who has a remote can do this for you, or even a shop.
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:48 pm

Easylife wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:33 pm
WS4's and coil need to be using the same software version. Any update can only be done using a remote and a PC. But anyone who has a remote can do this for you, or even a shop.
And after a update I can use any coil ?

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 7962
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 3169 times
Been thanked: 3305 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:52 pm

carlburt78 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:48 pm
Easylife wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:33 pm
WS4's and coil need to be using the same software version. Any update can only be done using a remote and a PC. But anyone who has a remote can do this for you, or even a shop.
And after a update I can use any coil ?
Yes, any Deus coil will then work if it’s running the same software ::g
XP Deus !!£$

Hammered silver 2019 - 3

User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 3801
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 1929 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by Easylife » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:57 pm

X35 coils run on V5.x only, the rest will work on any version.
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:43 pm

I might just take the plunge and get a remote on finance coz I don't know anyone else local to me with a Deus remote ::g sad thing is I bought the full version last year on finance but ended up not even using it and selling it due to a change in circumstances I've finished paying for that one now so might get some more finance ;)

User avatar
JBM
Posts: 2626
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:46 am
Location: Bristol
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 482 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by JBM » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:59 am

Shop about for discount. ;)

User avatar
pengles
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:43 am
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by pengles » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:27 am

If you're on a tight budget, rather than stretching yourself to buy a remote why not just try it as it is for a few months and see how you get on. If you then still feel it would be an enhancement, go for it Had the same dilemna with my lite, but now I'm used to it am not going to bother with a remote at all. If you really need to upgrade the software you can get a reputable dealers to do it for you.
XP Deus Light
GP pointer

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 am

pengles wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:27 am
If you're on a tight budget, rather than stretching yourself to buy a remote why not just try it as it is for a few months and see how you get on. If you then still feel it would be an enhancement, go for it Had the same dilemna with my lite, but now I'm used to it am not going to bother with a remote at all. If you really need to upgrade the software you can get a reputable dealers to do it for you.
Problem with me I always run before I can walk ,I bought a Garrett 400i used it once then bought the Full Deus on finance ,sold that then bought the used Deus Lite for a little bit more than what I paid for the Garrett, I have got a lot to learn but il get there :D I live in Cornwall and have started going out on organised digs so maybe il get chatting to somebody who can help with the update ::g

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 7962
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 3169 times
Been thanked: 3305 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:06 am

carlburt78 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 am
I live in Cornwall and have started going out on organised digs so maybe il get chatting to somebody who can help with the update ::g
Why not put up a post a few days before you go on the next dig and ask for help. If they bring a laptop they can update your deus in 5 minutes ::g
XP Deus !!£$

Hammered silver 2019 - 3

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:53 am

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:06 am
carlburt78 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 am
I live in Cornwall and have started going out on organised digs so maybe il get chatting to somebody who can help with the update ::g
Why not put up a post a few days before you go on the next dig and ask for help. If they bring a laptop they can update your deus in 5 minutes ::g
Thanks u might give that a go ::g

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:45 pm

I took the plunge guys ,my remote arrived today :D , I added the coil number but it says no coil on the remote so I will attempt to do the update tomorrow, is it pretty straight forward ? Im not sure what version the remote is on i got it from Regtons , and I'm currently on V3 I think unless previous owner had it updated

User avatar
f8met
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 am
Location: Cambs and Suffolk
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 671 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by f8met » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:58 pm

I have had very few problems when I have done it and done it for a friend. Just follow the instructions. Controller is likely to be V5x but you can put it to any version.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2019 16 Hammered

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 pm

f8met wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:58 pm
I have had very few problems when I have done it and done it for a friend. Just follow the instructions. Controller is likely to be V5x but you can put it to any version.

Thanks I will give it a go

User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 3801
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 1929 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by Easylife » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 am

If you are using the older 9" black coil then V4.1 is most likely the best option, but your choice. It's very easy to update but best to make sure everything is fully charged first. ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:14 am

Easylife wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 am
If you are using the older 9" black coil then V4.1 is most likely the best option, but your choice. It's very easy to update but best to make sure everything is fully charged first. ::g
I think it probably us the older black coil ,so I think i will update to 4.1 thankyou ::g

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Having issues can anybody help please? I downloaded the update to my computer and it created a desktop ,but when I click on the icon I get this message.....

The item Deus Update.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved,so this shortcut will no longer work properly...am I doing something wrong ?

User avatar
f8met
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 am
Location: Cambs and Suffolk
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 671 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by f8met » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Sounds like you have downloaded a link and not the .exe file.Can you search your computer for the update.exe file?

Have a look in your downloads folder.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2019 16 Hammered

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:14 pm

f8met wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:43 pm
Sounds like you have downloaded a link and not the .exe file.Can you search your computer for the update.exe file?

Have a look in your downloads folder.
It's all in my downloads but cant open the desktop link and if I open it from downloads it reinstalls it :-/

carlburt78
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: XP Remote Question

Post by carlburt78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Sorted it now ,used another laptop :D

Post Reply

Return to “XP Forum”