Deus Backup Machine

Topics related to XP metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
XP Videos
aa-clean

Deus Backup Machine

Post by aa-clean » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 pm

What would you consider the sensible choice to have as a backup / 2nd machine when you own a Deus?? Initially thought of keeping my Quattro for the depth / beach aspect - (bit dont do beach)then considered selling up and just keeping a CS3mx as a good little breakdown / backup machine... NOW thinking I should keep my wireless GMP as it wont be too different from a Deus should i need a backup machine... Tricky decision with many permutations - have recently and painfully thinned out my collection losing some quality detectors so dont want to rush into a mistake - any advice / new angles welcome

Cheers

Stu

Cleveland History Hunter
Deus v2 Elsie
53 is the number
The Hammered silver "chicken dance" really IS a sight to behold
NOT to mention "Is it really ***** GOLD double take"
http://www.aa-clean.co.uk

hammyman

Re: Deus Backup Machine

Post by hammyman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm

If you get the large coil,you effectively have two seperate Deus's.No further backup required. ;)
http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Denial.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Lions lead by donkeys
GRAMMAR: The difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t.

bolwin1

Post by bolwin1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 pm

hammyman wrote:If you get the large coil,you effectively have two seperate Deus's.No further backup required. ;)
Yep - big coil & straight stem. No matter what you break, you'll still have enough bits to keep detecting.

Denar

Post by Denar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:15 pm

I have Tesoro Tejon as a back up. Vaquero also would do.

aa-clean

Post by aa-clean » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Wow thanks for replies - 2 deus in one... mmm

Still tho would like a full second machine in case uninterested son changes his mind or a mate wants to tag along...

Stu
Cleveland History Hunter
Deus v2 Elsie
53 is the number
The Hammered silver "chicken dance" really IS a sight to behold
NOT to mention "Is it really ***** GOLD double take"
http://www.aa-clean.co.uk

Red Arrow

Post by Red Arrow » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Laser Rapier II or Hawkeye would be a good choice

chefphones

Post by chefphones » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 pm

As most experienced detectorists will tell you, try and spread the usability when buying a second machine, one that can be used in situations where the primary is not so hot.
You say you have a Quattro, why not just get an Ultimate coil for it and then you have the best of both worlds. If you get a second Deus or keep the GMP for that matter sods law says that you'll find yourself on a potentially productive site or rally where the ground is stuffed with coke, then you'll be cursing that you got rid of the FBS, plus as you say deep pasture and beaches, try and cover as many basis as possible would be my advise ;)
finds 2013
Roman Grots 14

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Although i dont own a Deus and dont plan on owning one either,i always carry 2 VLF machines with me,different brands and also with 2 various sizes coils as well for each machine and also a Pulse.Especially if you are a long way from home on a rally and something does go wrong with your main detector you always have some form of backup.

As someone else has mentioned its also best to have a totally different machine just incase the ground condition are not suited,if anything goes wrong it usually will be when you are a long way from home,it never happens on your doorstep does it.

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:21 pm

hi personally i would keep the quattro to work along side the deus .as the quattro is a good beach machine .why keep the gmp as all you have then is two very similiar machines in the gmp and deus .
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

chefphones

Post by chefphones » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Wow! just realised how old this thread is :D
finds 2013
Roman Grots 14

SteveAlan

Post by SteveAlan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:17 pm

I have an XP Deus as a main machine and considered selling my old Tesoro Silver Sabre Micromax. But, thinking about it, I reckon it makes sense to keep the Tesoro.

First, they hold their value quite well over the years. Keeping hold of it for another few years is not going to cause a big depreciation.

Secondly, it's got a small coil compared to my 13" Deus so it might be good for high trash sites despite my attempts to overcome said problems with the Deus Fast program.

Finally, my nephew is interested in detecting so I plan to show him the ropes and take him out sometimes.

Whatever you do, do it for the right reasons :-)

Steve.
XP Deus v3.2 with 13" coil.
Tesoro Silver Sabre Micromax.
Garrett Pro-Pointer.
Black Ada stainless steel spade.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @SteveDetecting
http://www.twitter.com/SteveDetecting

Ricky's

Post by Ricky's » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:19 pm

My second machine is an AT Pro...

metal-detective

Post by metal-detective » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:24 am

SteveAlan wrote:I have an XP Deus as a main machine and considered selling my old Tesoro Silver Sabre Micromax. But, thinking about it, I reckon it makes sense to keep the Tesoro.

First, they hold their value quite well over the years. Keeping hold of it for another few years is not going to cause a big depreciation.

Secondly, it's got a small coil compared to my 13" Deus so it might be good for high trash sites despite my attempts to overcome said problems with the Deus Fast program.

Finally, my nephew is interested in detecting so I plan to show him the ropes and take him out sometimes.

Whatever you do, do it for the right reasons :-)

Steve.
Watcheor Geordie as one Geordie to another who has owned a Silver Sabre don't part with it, if there is something you can do to extend its life then do that first but don't ever sell it.years ago I used to be a Minelab enthusiast and then my arms dropped of so I bought a Deus,I have never ever regretted that, previously I had the Sabre and somewhere along the way I discovered that it could give two signals at the one time ,one over the target another somewhere out of the first target range, I am of the opinion that this was because I was using KOSS earphones
I then advised Minelab of this and they have been supplying Koss ever since with their machines. regards. Metal-detective

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:34 am

I use a Deus as a backup these days and not as a my main machine,much prefer my trusty old T2,but of course thats a personal thing.

GC-1023

Post by GC-1023 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:27 am

its been nearly four years jerry,i think he might have brought another coil for his deus. ::g

i personnaly think a back up should do something the deus doesnt ,or just be a machine that brings you joy to use .its not always about getting that extra inch ,its a hobby first and foremost ,and if your trying that hard to screw your machine for depth and sensitivity to the point that your frying your brain with chatter etc, and working flat out to analize all that chatter,spits ,pops etc,then maybe you have lost sight of what the main health benefits are of this hobby .
Healthy exercise and quality relaxation .
would be interesting to add a BP monitor to all searchers at a rally ,Compare the guy who turns up with £3000 worth of gear to choose from ,and is always so competitive to be the guy who shows the most silver /gold ,sometimes not found on the day ;) . And the guy who is just plodding along ,blood pressure spot on ,mentally unwinding after 5 days of stress at work and the net result for both searchers is not that different ,if you take cheating out of the equation .
I also believe in the spiritual world around us ,loved/lost ones observing us ,watching out for us .
if they can guide us onto that nice find i,m sure they will try ,but i think for that to happen you need to be very relaxed and letting life take its own twists and turns .
Minelab Musketeer ts800 ,13" ultimate ,15 x18 sef

Fisher F75 se dst
Nexus std mk2
Nokta Impact
Golden Mask 4wd
YouTube channel.https://www.youtube.com/user/sftatat

Return to “XP Forum”