"XP TRAINING DAY" 2015

Topics related to XP metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
XP Videos
kopparberg

Re: "XP TRAINING DAY" 2015

Post by kopparberg » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 pm

follycollie wrote:
kopparberg wrote:
follycollie wrote:Yep, got it all cleared to go! Can't wait :-)
can you bring some of those lovely brownies , :D
I'm sure I can manage that :-)
sorry i had to ask but they are just divine ,hopefully there won't be a dog about to finish them off like last time when adam and lisa's dog dived into them .
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

byron

Post by byron » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:29 pm

yep,,will be there..

follycollie

Post by follycollie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm sure I can manage that :-)[/quote]
sorry i had to ask but they are just divine ,hopefully there won't be a dog about to finish them off like last time when adam and lisa's dog dived into them .[/quote]

Ah yes, old Chewy loved them didn't he?! I will make enough for everyone again, gotta have a bit of carb and calorie load on a dig hey?!

See you Sunday ::g ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:25 pm

I remember dropping one and then walking on it, but it still tasted super .. :d! :;@
9.30am in The Pigs car park, with coffee in hand and maybe even a brownie .. yummy Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

follycollie

Post by follycollie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:50 pm

liamnolan wrote:I remember dropping one and then walking on it, but it still tasted super .. :d! :;@
9.30am in The Pigs car park, with coffee in hand and maybe even a brownie .. yummy Liam :;@
Ha ha! Did you?! That is funny :-) I'll give you some kitchen roll to put it in between the cake tin and down the hatch this time then :-) Can't have you breaking a tooth on the car park gravel...

C u Sun :-)

coil

Post by coil » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 am

Still going be nice to see some of you again ::g

wallydog1

Post by wallydog1 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:17 pm

hi all,
********** update**********
sorry Liam, let my place go to another person, Im gutted in a funny sort of way, i have been looking forward to this big time, but following meeting with landowner and FLO i have to start extracting rest of hoard this weekend,

good luck all.

wallydog

defiantly coming down still from shropshire! , my brother lives in Norwich so staying the weekend there, see you sunday,

the hoard can wait til i get back!
cheers wallydog
Last edited by wallydog1 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Yep still coming...Mick ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi Mick et al .. been very busy behind the scenes getting everything sorted out with Ninja Nige. The Weather is something we cannot control but I see that the forecast for next Sunday looks promising! http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651971?day=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We initially had two fields, never been detected on, alongside a roman road, one cultivated and one in stubble, sounded spot on and so we went out to do a recce, check the parking, access, local amenities and so on. We did a few trial detecting runs and came up with ... not much!
It shows that not all promising land is full of finds. We went off in all directions again, looked at land and got very muddy. I know the emphasis is on learning the inner secrets of the XP range of detectors and not just detecting, but some people are travelling long miles and we want to provide land that will give them a fighting chance. Eventually Nigel (as usual) managed to find two fields that look very promising, one is cultivated, looks seeded but in fact is not, so very easy to dig, the other is VERY light stubble. Nige has detected on one of the fields very long ago but has not been back there for ages and so the fields are still almost still undetected. Good hard standing and room to park up, local pub is The Pigs pub http://www.thepigs.org.uk/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; where THOSE ON THE LIST can all meet at 9.30am on Sun 29th November. The fields are about 2 mins away, so during the day you have the opportunity to nip back and forth to quench your thirst or grab a bite to eat, looks like its not the cheap option but its a first class occasion for both detecting and YOU!. I have contacted Lara there who now is expecting us and who says the Sunday lunch is something special ...not to be missed ..
Nigel Ingram from Regtons, the UK XP distributors based in Birmingham, is travelling over to join us detecting. Nigel is the top XP man in the UK, is a ken detectorist himself and has supported other MDF events. Gary, of Garys Detecting, is well regarded as a leading authority on how to use XP machines and he will be with us all day in the fields, moving from one to another and giving close support and advice.
Payment – its £25 cash and all profits go to charity. Gary is not taking a penny for his time and effort or travelling to and from London area, just asking that he can donate the money to his chosen cancer charity, so thats fine with me. If the money can be put in an envelope with your name on it, that would be perfect, easy to manage!
There will be a mixture of MDF forum members travelling from all over the place, plus the members of my own club, the Norfolk Heritage Recovery Group and so we will no doubt make some good new friendships on the day and hopefully manage to link up afterwards on some fields near or far away. its what the hobby is all about.
Good luck to everyone, I wish these types of Learning events were about when i started detecting around 1890 (or so it feels anyway)
Do chat to people on the day, some are brave and some are shy, some will have been driving for many hours but keen to meet others, welcome everyone you meet and share your thoughts in the car park or out in the fields. I think this event will be such a great success that we will all want to return next year on other local fields and see if we have learned anything, lets work towards that!
The day will be as good as what we decide to make it!
Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

potter01

Post by potter01 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:53 am

Yes, I'm still up for it ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 am

Is anyone staying overnight on Sat and if so, where? Liam B-)

punka$$

Post by punka$$ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 am

Any room left on this please?
all the gear, no idea!

follycollie

Post by follycollie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:53 pm

liamnolan wrote:Is anyone staying overnight on Sat and if so, where? Liam B-)
I'm coming up late on Sat and staying in a pub in the village rather than do four hours each way on the day :-).

clubbernut

Post by clubbernut » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:37 am

Cracking effort chaps, thanks for organising this. Roll on Sunday ::g

Nigel at regtons

Post by Nigel at regtons » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Weather still looking OK for Sunday :D Looking forward to putting a few more faces to forum names.

ninja nige

Post by ninja nige » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:38 pm

hi,
just a quick update, the site we have for sunday has no local shops so please bring drink and food, or get some on the way.
nige
WHITES MXT, MXT-PRO,mxt sport.. 750 formula racing car, arsenal season ticket.

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Weather is not looking that good according to local news tonight for sunday

Gary uk

Post by Gary uk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Heavy wind forcast for Sunday, were staying about 20 miles away on Sat evening

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:09 pm

yeti wrote:Weather is not looking that good according to local news tonight for sunday
man up it will be alright :D :D :D
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

The weather in Norfolk changes constantly, rain and wind from the west generally subsides by the time it reaches the east coast.
Warm weatherproof clothing is in order and bring some spare clothing just in case! Flasks of hot drinks are always useful. I believe The Pigs pub is a bit posh and will not welcome muddy wellies and camo gear, so if you fancy lunch there, have some "normal clothing" with you ..
Remember, ONLY those on the list for this event as numbers are strictly limited.
Portable toilet will be in place, Liam :;@

Return to “XP Forum”