"XP TRAINING DAY" 2015

Topics related to XP metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
XP Videos
alloverover

Re: "XP TRAINING DAY" 2015

Post by alloverover » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:32 pm

I shall be bringing my kite, maybe my machine as well :)) :)) ::g

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:34 pm

think its gonna be a bit on the windy side ,hopefully see everyone in the morning ::g
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 pm

kopparberg wrote:think its gonna be a bit on the windy side ,hopefully see everyone in the morning ::g
In Oz :)) :)) :))

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Weather is increasig better - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Had a good natter with Donna, Gary & Nigel, plus Godfrey my club treasurer this evening at the hotel, such interesting people, everything looks all set for tomorrow, good luck to everyone, have a safe journey, blue MDF signs will be out on the road near the pub for those arriving late, but my mobile is 07861380981 in case you need directions. Basically pass the Pigs pub on your right as you enter Edgefield and the turning left is about 200m further along, Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

broadsmaster

Post by broadsmaster » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:33 pm

I would like to thank everbody involved in organising a fantastic day , luckily the weather held out and a few good finds were made , i saw a couple of hammies surface, thanks also to donna for the brownies and it also was a pleasure to meet gary from garys detecting a true gent with some really helpful pointers.

thanks again to everyone involved

gordon :;@
Last edited by broadsmaster on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
minelab equinox 800

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Well, what a day! ::g ::g
Successful events are generally made successful by those who take part, they bring their enthusiasm and energy, so it was today. The weather was a bit damp to start with, then as 10am arrived, so did the rain depart and by around 11am we had clouds and even a bit of sunshine :D
The two fields were spot on, great to detect on and everyone found something. Finds included sceatta, roman silver and bronze, lots of hammies, thimbles, crotal bells, pot legs and even a beatiful "eyes only" polished stone axe by alloverover.
Gary of XP was the Maestro for the day and he was all over the place giving personal tuition and support to those searching for optimum performance from their XP machines. Nigel Ingram from Regtons was also in attandance to help Gary, explaining the workings of the coils, control boxes and explaining how they all interacted. Gary and Nigel have a natural way of explaining things and very soon the added knowledge brought up more finds, everyone becoming that bit more confident about what settings they had and understanding why they were working better.
Donna - Follycollie - those brownies were FANTASTIC yet again, here comes Weightwatchers .. you will still be on the way back to Cirencester as I type ..
Nigel, thanks for the XP shirts and rebuilding my backphones in the wind at the end! Great to see the top man from Regtons turn out to detect and to support everyone.
Gary, thanks for all of your knowledge, humour and patience, I heard nothing but praise, a true ambassador for XP and for the handouts and certificates, a nice touch. Gary had refused any payment for the day other than fuel money and so a substantial amount of money has eneded up supporting MacMillan.
Right at the very end as we were getting ready to leave, the heavens opened and we had to scurry for cover, very pleased we saw none of that during the windy but dry day.
Ninja Nige had managed to secure the land, so a huge thanks to him and its the nature of the bloke that he spent a few hours elswhere showing a complete beginner hot to detect, then bringing him out onto the fields afterwards where he managed a few coins.
Lots more to say, I am sure others will fill in the rest, super day, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

kopparberg

Post by kopparberg » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:57 pm

many thanks go to Liam and Nige for putting this day on i can say what a great day i had ,went there to learn more about the Deus and i wasn't disappointed .Nigel from Regtons spent i would think at least an hour with me setting me up a program and changing tones so they became more user friendly for me . going over signals what to look out for and what signals not to dig . many thanks Nigel i can say that after the lesson i went on and didn't dig any iron afterwards ,the signals became a lot clearer to me and i now think that it will become a friend again . i didn't get around to see Gary as i thought what Nigel had given me was enough food for thought for one day no point running before you can walk .Nigel also brought me a 9 inch coil along and i must say i got on really well with it so the 11 inch will be put on the sidelines for a while. i even christen the new coil with a hammie . there was no shortage of signals to get every one digging and put into practice all the new tricks .
great to see Donna again those brownies where lovely i even sneaked one home for the wife who just loved it
good to see many of the forum members some new some old it is with forum members like this that keeps this forum going ::g
i hope all that had a long drive home get back safe and well as when we left it was peeing down and the spray on the roads was the worse i have seen for a while .
till the next time keep swinging 98;
Last edited by kopparberg on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTX 3030
DEUS
MAKRO pro pointer
always live for today and worry about tomorrow when it comes

Junior

Post by Junior » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Thank you everyone for the Xp day. I will be putting into practice Nigel and Gary ideas. Thank you all again. Junior. x; x; x;

coil

Post by coil » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Great day today thank you Liam nige gary Nigel found few bits nige thank you for land Sadly lots of holes driving home not good got in 7 30 ::g

LRB1975

Post by LRB1975 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Many thanks for a great day!
There was no shortage of signals, although most of mine were buttons, I did manage to find a James II Gun Money coin, as identified by Liam (thanks). I did manage a total of 9 coppers, some worn out George 3rd, a Victoria halfpenny and farthing and other un identifiable ones.
Unfortunately I didn't get to spend any time with Nigel or Gary, as I was intending to after the lunch break but had to go of and do a repair for a customer, so sorry I didn't get to say goodbye!
XP Deus
NMWS Stainless steel spade
and lots of enthusiasm!

Gary uk

Post by Gary uk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Thanks for your support everyone, hats off to Liam and his team for working very hard behind the sceenes.
Sorry if I missed some of you, we really need a 2 day event sometime. Hope some people have come away with a better understanding of the Deus.
Left at 4 got home at 8, driving conditions were terrible tonight.

Gaz

Giz

Post by Giz » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:18 pm

A big thank you, in no particular order to Liam, 2 Nigel's and Gary. A really enjoyable experience. I didn't realise how robust the Deus is Ta Nigel R. Although I didn't get to speak to Gary as I was engrossed in detecting foreign fields, however I fellow forum member, Wesser had asked Gary the same question so I sort of got my answer second hand ::g Look forward to the next meeting, wherever it maybe. I will post my finds in the appropriate section and the weather although windy kept dry, well almost :D
CTX 3030, Minelab Pro-Find 25 pro pointer, XP Deus, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche digging tool, plastic sand scoop.

follycollie

Post by follycollie » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Just got back from what was a really enjoyable trip. Huge thanks to Liam, Nigel, Gary and Ninja Nige for putting it all together. Great to catch up with Graham too and all you other guys and girls :-) Luckily the actual soaking stuff held off till the last minute, but like Gary said, the roads back were... interesting.

Hope you all got home OK ::g

I'm gonna have a G&T and then unload some soggy stuff from the van!!

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:42 pm

20151129_155912_zps7x5we8z2.jpg
Just got back to the motor before this :)), it was absolutely torrential right at the last knockings, there were still about 8 on the bottom field when I walked off so my thoughts were with them :)
Sooo, thanks all round, ninja nige and Liam and Gary and Nigel, spent about an hour with Gary and was very helpful, certainly a few things that I lernt there and also from chatting to Nigel, things i didnt know that I didnt know x; Much appreciated guys ::g

Heres the axe, I thought Langdale when I found it ( cos thats the only place i knew they made them ), but looking on the web maybe from elsewhere, there are a lot of sparkly bits of silica or whatever in it, will get it looked at when i get chance ::g ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nigel at regtons

Post by Nigel at regtons » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:23 am

Wow, what a day we all had, thanks to Liam for organising the day, Ninga for the site and Donna for the brownies, Gary for his expertise and everyone for braving the forecast.

The weather held off luckily however then dumped a whole days worth of rain on us in an amazing squall right at the end making the journey home a little precarious.

Glad everyone took away from the day more knowledge as that's exactly what these days are about, Gary's range of skills allows him to manipulate whatever issue someone has & then overcome those issues to allow a different viewpoint of their machine & it's this 'hands on' approach that works so well I think.

The proceeds from the day are going to Cancer Research which to me makes a good day even better, can I ask just one small favour for the next training day ? maybe hold it more centraly, I hear Birmingham is a great place to hold one :D

yeti

Post by yeti » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:56 am

What a lazy monkey I am lol.Only just got round to sorting out the finds from the XP day. Was amazed to see just exactly how much was in the finds bag. I must have thrown 30 pieces of lead in the tin with another 30 pieces of scrap,shotties,tin foil etc in the bin and this was what's left, I did mange to get one hammie although it was pretty well worn, a few broken buckles etc and over 30 buttons. A big thank you to all involved it was a good day out in deepest Norfolk..Mick ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Danzigman

Post by Danzigman » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:22 am

Guess all you guys attending the Traning day is on this photo from XP DEUS home page.. -
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-de ... ining-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the news letter post - http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 39&t=82271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

Ollie K

Post by Ollie K » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Danzigman wrote:Guess all you guys attending the Traning day is on this photo from XP DEUS home page.. -
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-de ... ining-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the news letter post - http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 39&t=82271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Danzigman ::g
Wow what a rogues gallery! ]l It was a good day for sure!
Now swinging with the Deus

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:29 am

Gary has submitted the group photo and small write up to Searcher magazine, included in the February issue.

Bob ::g

Return to “XP Forum”