Dpr600, is it a deus????

Topics related to XP metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
XP Videos
punka$$

Dpr600, is it a deus????

Post by punka$$ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Saw this on a Facebook group " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Could it be running v4?

all the gear, no idea!

punka$$

Re: Dpr600, is it a deus????

Post by punka$$ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:57 pm

http://www.depardetector.com/product/de ... 00/912/511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
all the gear, no idea!

Sportsman

Post by Sportsman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:16 pm

How does that machine only cost half the price of what we pay in the uk..Xp making a lotta money then it seems from us U.K. Punters rl;
Xp Deus.

My Lucky Underpants

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:37 pm

It appears to me to be a company that have simply copied the Deus design, are the parts or performance as good ? who knows.
Its certainly not a Deus.
Cheers all
mrix

punka$$

Post by punka$$ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:49 pm

mrix wrote:It appears to me to be a company that have simply copied the Deus design, are the parts or performance as good ? who knows.
Cheers all
mrix
You seen the spec sheet? It looks identical. IF it is made by xp then why wouldn't they put their name on it?
It even comes with a with a bag for the remote that has the xp logo on it.
It has certainly got me scratching my head
all the gear, no idea!

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:24 pm

The technical specification seems to state it's locked into 'gold prospecting' mode. It says: "Discrimination: Iron Amplitude Rejection"
If it's not competing with conventional hobby detectors, then they have more flexibility when pricing it.
Is it a Deus? Maybe it's a Depardeus.

It was suggested on another Forum that this new machine might be the reason for the recent patent-related spat between Minelab and XP, as obviously ML are a big name in the prospecting market.
Last edited by Fusion on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:(

Sportsman

Post by Sportsman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:36 pm

punka$$ wrote:
mrix wrote:It appears to me to be a company that have simply copied the Deus design, are the parts or performance as good ? who knows.
Cheers all
mrix
You seen the spec sheet? It looks identical. IF it is made by xp then why wouldn't they put their name on it?
It even comes with a with a bag for the remote that has the xp logo on it.
It has certainly got me scratching my head
Gary from xp is doing the demo on it its an xp machine alright, so much for V4 ;)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xp Deus.

My Lucky Underpants

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:11 pm

As Gary has created the video and he is XP`s guy for the UK I would imagine its certainly made by XP but its not a Deus, its a machine dedicated to Gold metal detecting called the DPR 600.
Cheers
mrix

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Lets not jump the gun and start throwing around accusations, I have contacted Alain at XP to try and obtain a little more information on this New machine, waiting on a reply ::g

mrix

andyb

Post by andyb » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:45 pm

The problem here is that you are paying for a brand, you pay top dollar for a deus because it is a top brand top of the range machine. This doesn't mean that it is "worth" how much it costs in fact it probably costs less than 1/6th to produce the machine than the selling price. Then again it can be said about any of the brands and models and this does not just go for metal detectors, my friend spends over £100 on a pair of trainers which more than likely cost a couple of quid to produce but they have a tick on it and a Nike badge! If you don't like the price don't buy it ::g
http://www.magnetfishingpro.com for all your magnet fishing needs

My YouTube metal detecting Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-JNcr ... sist_app=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:56 am

If getting into the 'gold prospecting' market results in XP making more profit, it's a good thing. That's more money to employ new staff, develop new products, invest in manufacturing/production etc.
Last edited by Fusion on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:(

targets

Post by targets » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:26 am

anyone could clone a XP deus if they could get around the secret software which runs it or create similar sofware , thats why all the components have their IDs removed so they cant be cloned ,but its just about possible that the chinese or some wizzkids have cloned it
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

punka$$

Post by punka$$ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:00 pm

targets wrote:anyone could clone a XP deus if they could get around the secret software which runs it or create similar sofware , thats why all the components have their IDs removed so they cant be cloned ,but its just about possible that the chinese or some wizzkids have cloned it
This isn't a Chinese knockoff, this is made in France by xp
all the gear, no idea!

potter01

Post by potter01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:08 pm

This seems very weird, surely XP would put there name too it?

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Depar approached Xp and asked them to design a low cost gold machine, the result being the DPR600.
It only runs the Goldfield programme, if you check the Depar website you will see they supply lots of different Gold detectors from various manufacturors.

Bob ::g

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:22 am

Hello all, just had a reply from Alain at XP explaining this machine is an OEM simplified and optimised version for Gold Prospecting based on the “Gold Field” program only, it have been made for the largest distributor in Africa first.
It is provided with a simplified stem and without wireless headphone (not available).
This price is without VAT.
A similar version will be available in 2017 for the rest of the world "but also dedicated for the Gold Prospecting market. "

Koala

Post by Koala » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Thing are worth what people are willing to pay for them

Don't blame XP. You can always vote with your cash

When I was a lad many moons ago. If a petrol station was a penny a "gallon" too dear it would get no custom. Now you can have two petrol stations in the same street trading with a 5p a "litre" difference.

Back to the DPR600 and XP. Surprised all the new smaller XP coils are going to Africa. Guess that shows how big that market is.

Digiffys

Post by Digiffys » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Not really sure what the big issue is really? Its cheaper than the standard deus but whos going to buy one in this country?id guess no body? Minelab have done almost the same thing with the gpz which is silly money and its in a ctx shell and again I bet almost none have been sold in the uk. Would it all be ok if it was alot more expensive? Im not really sure what all the fuss is,supply/demand isnt it.Theres going to be loads sold for gold prospecting where there in competition with minelab so id say there just entering as a strong competitor! Just my opinion ::g
History the best story yet!
Xp Deus
Teknetics G2+

wallydog1

Post by wallydog1 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Well I might get one! due to the fact the DPR600 lowest freq is 20khz, and maybe 50 khz and I am thinking would it be able to winkle hammys laying at angles or on edge?

it's not about depth it's just when cut halfs and quarters are in the ground at angles, we cant get a signal from them.

This machine may give me the edge on this particular site.

Cheers as ever

Wallydog

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:24 pm

We pay £609 for just a control unit where as the DPR600 is £539 complete (control unit coil stem) no VAT is payable in the countries its for sale in (Depar do not ship to the UK} so its easy to think we are been overcharged, all our Polish members in our club only paid £850 or less for complete Deus set ups (11/9 inch coil control unit WS4 or WS5 headphones) i had to pay nearly £300 more here in the UK for the same setup.

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Here is some perspective,

"From 1993 to 2008 the average per capita income of sub-Saharan African economies barely budged—it increased from $742 to $762 per year (measured in 2005 purchasing-power parity-adjusted dollars)."

XP are certainly not responsible for the fact that we pay VAT and import fees. So If anyone can build and design the same or better for less money then good luck and please go ahead as your missing a trick. ::g

king of the swingers

Post by king of the swingers » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:34 pm

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

fiddiwebb

Post by fiddiwebb » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:38 pm

AndyM wrote:Here is some perspective,

"From 1993 to 2008 the average per capita income of sub-Saharan African economies barely budged—it increased from $742 to $762 per year (measured in 2005 purchasing-power parity-adjusted dollars)."

XP are certainly not responsible for the fact that we pay VAT and import fees. So If anyone can build and design the same or better for less money then good luck and please go ahead as your missing a trick. ::g
I thought one of the benefits of being in the EU is that we dont pay import fees when buying from another EU country, ie. XP in France, as to VAT now sure if it is already paid at source or not.

MarkSussex

Post by MarkSussex » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:59 pm

The DPR 600 is a VLF Gold prospecting machine, it uses only 1 platform and that is program number10 on the Deus "Goldfield" It has the same adjustments as the standard Goldfield program and uses a higher frequency search coil...naturally for finding Gold.

It is not a version 4 Deus and has not effected the development time of the new software.

It is not multi frequency as such, you can choose frequencies, they are not all used at the same time.

There is no wireless link for headphones on this model, you can plug in wired headphones if you wish.

Depar detectors are probably the biggest distributor in the world, they wanted us to make an affordable machine that could cope with demanding ground conditions in Africa and so on.

As an employee of XP I have signed an NDA agreement and take my work very seriously, if I am told to say nothing, I say nothing, if Depar choose to announce their new products that is up to them. I am an employee...not management.

I have a meeting with the factory on Monday and will pass on any further information.

I hope this clears things up and thanks for your understanding.

The above is from Gary that I got from his website ::g
Check out my youtube channel

XP Deus Detecting

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS-zm ... Pow/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

punka$$

Post by punka$$ » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:33 am

The Ferret wrote:Still be able to use it in the UK I'd have thought though.
Another manufacturer have a Pro and Gold and these are both used over here.
Only down side to it is no Headphones. :;@ and will be banned from digs,rallies ;;z

As for Price :-/

If it becomes a flop then at least XP won't be dragged down even though they made and designed it ;)

Roll on V4 ;)
It has a jack for wired phones
all the gear, no idea!

fred

Post by fred » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:56 am

Just my take but no idea what all the fuss is about. This doesn't sound like a step up for existing Deus users and only a stepping stone to the 'full monty' for beginners. A bit like when Minelab brought out the XTerra, which is a good machine but definitely not an e-track or CTX. In both cases the companies involved are just addressing a niche market, which is a lot of what business is about these days. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

The real monty

Post by The real monty » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:40 am

I think this depar600 or the UK equivalent in 2017 will indeed prove to be a fanatic acquisition especially if you have sites which are infested with small iron which is indicative of long human habitation I don't agree in the ( niche) market only comment that was also made about one of our hobbies most able and iconic performers in the tesoro lobo supertrac.
In the past most gold market detectors would be considered not of any use for only one reason " no discrimination. So coming back on topic I think this stripped down high frequency deus clone should and does make us the punters very angry it's about the perceived value for money and no one can denigh we are getting ripped right off.
And for the record I will be trying to aquire one or its UK version

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:18 pm

I really dont understand your point, you say its a rip off, and all the punters should be angry, but your going to get one, are you saying you want to buy a metal detector that has been designed to look for gold in highly mineralised African goldfield soil just so you can say its a rip off?. This thread has been very anti from the onset and I personally dont get it. I say good luck to all metal detector manufacturers that are prepared to put money into research and development and produce innovative equipment. I can say I may not require one of these new Depac machines as they would appear to be unsuitable for the areas I detect in the UK, (I may be wrong) if I bought one knowing this then I would call that my own lookout, as I would have knowingly ripped myself off.

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:08 pm

MarkSussex wrote:The DPR 600 is a VLF Gold prospecting machine, it uses only 1 platform and that is program number10 on the Deus "Goldfield" It has the same adjustments as the standard Goldfield program and uses a higher frequency search coil...naturally for finding Gold.

It is not a version 4 Deus and has not effected the development time of the new software.

It is not multi frequency as such, you can choose frequencies, they are not all used at the same time.

There is no wireless link for headphones on this model, you can plug in wired headphones if you wish.

Depar detectors are probably the biggest distributor in the world, they wanted us to make an affordable machine that could cope with demanding ground conditions in Africa and so on.

As an employee of XP I have signed an NDA agreement and take my work very seriously, if I am told to say nothing, I say nothing, if Depar choose to announce their new products that is up to them. I am an employee...not management.

I have a meeting with the factory on Monday and will pass on any further information.

I hope this clears things up and thanks for your understanding.

The above is from Gary that I got from his website ::g
Thanks for sharing Mark - that statement from Gary sums it all up really. Its NOT a Deus and very limited in its narrow working arena. Its aimed only at what they specifically need it for.
There are some comments on this thread that leave me wondering if the posters have much knowledge about the Deus, the software, control box, wireless function and other design features that make the Deus probably the top end machine right now. Its not that we are paying too much, its that someone else has a cheaper machine that looks like the Deus.
Its not a cheap machine, I bought mine around 6 years ago and so I have had good value from it, some tremendous finds and enormous pleasure. It works out for me at around £4.00 a week to date for the complete package. Its still in great shape, unlike its owner b;> As Koala says, its worth what people will pay for it. Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

wick

Post by wick » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:15 pm

i wonder what would happen if you brought one, then plugged it in and downloaded the V4 software when it becomes available?
from what I've read it seems like the new higher frequency coil, it looks like a standard control box, if it has a usb port (for charging) then can you use this to change the software to V4?
The blurb seems to imply its only running the gold field program, is that because nothing else is loaded in? cant imagine the box is that radically different from the normal Deus box...?
Surely they must have some way of stopping you doing this?

Return to “XP Forum”