will the adventis 2 be a worthwhile step up from the adx150?

Topics related to XP metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
XP Videos
nellyt5

will the adventis 2 be a worthwhile step up from the adx150?

Post by nellyt5 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:17 pm

hi guys
I have recently signed in again after a couple years away,weve had a some bereavements in the family which I wont go into, family matters got in the way and I foolishly decided to let the deus go to help fund a new motorcycle,i really like this one and don't want to sell it just yet,[ said that about the last 20 or so ] 3 or 4 weeks ago i bought a newish adx150 off my buddy for peanuts ,now I'm back into the swing of things big time ,ive been out around 25 hours with the adx and found plenty of the usual stuff, the,best find with it is a really worn s-shaped silver coin which i assume is a love token,but its no deus ,slow recovery,single tone etc,and a totally different ball game to me with the low 4.6 frequency,but i have to say that i quite enjoy going really slow and methodical ,its a nice change,when i can afford another deus i will have one,but until then i fancy a giving my permissions a going over with the low frequency machine,
will i be gaining anything by upgrading to a used adventis 2 or even a gmaxx if i can get hold of one?or shall i stick with the 150 and save my pennys
thanks in advance guys
nel
xp adventis 2 & ws1,s

beaubrummell

Re: will the adventis 2 be a worthwhile step up from the adx

Post by beaubrummell » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:44 pm

A member called Cussler is a very experienced user of the Adventis & Gmaxx so may be worth dropping him a line. ::g
Minelab Explorer II
SEF 12 x 10 coil
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

nellyt5

Post by nellyt5 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:51 pm

thanks a lot buddy
xp adventis 2 & ws1,s

wallydog1

Post by wallydog1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:57 pm

hi

Well either go for adventis or adx 250 same machine but preset ground balance, now with my xp 250 i found 2 hoards, hammys, rings etc etc, by going low and slow so you get the reactivity and depth, then i upgraded to a goldmaxx power and that machine is summit else, but i say stick with the xp, as you know the tones already. half the battle is done, you should pick up a decent adventis or 250 for about 200 ish or go for a GMP again about 300 ish, if its any help i have a deus but kept my GMP, and im thinking about going back to the gmp full time, as my finds rate and quality has been affected, however the GMP will a nel tornado coil gives you the depth and the sensitivity, its the ultimate set up! if you want to see my you tube of vids with the gmp/adx 250 just type in you tube, bert celtic stater and look at my back cataloge of vid finds ::g :D those xp machines are summit else, a lot of people do not understand how to pull hammys out at unbelievable depths with 4khz, by setting the machine correctly, if you want any help with settings let me know.

good luck

wallydog aka lucky bert

nellyt5

Post by nellyt5 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:06 pm

wow
thanks for taking the time to reply ,its very much appreciated
I do miss the deus and the gmp more so, but I'm really enjoying the change atm going at a nice and steady pace,

can I ask if the adx150 is capable of anything near the 250/adventis IF set up right
which ever way I go it will deffo be another xp of the 4.6 variety
cheers nel
xp adventis 2 & ws1,s

wallydog1

Post by wallydog1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:43 pm

my son has a adx 100 same as 150 but not wireless capable, again if it's there you will find it but it has to be a quiet field, busy iron and the 100 0r 250 will "lock out"... ie reactivity speed cannot keep up with iron contamination, so that said my son came done to a field where i have pulled many henry hammereds from and have done 100's of hours on it ~x( then i heard the shout dad! and he was holding a class 3 henry3rd from about 4 inches thats with a 4.6khz adx 100 i bought for 100 quid! so like i said, if its there youl find it, and even after hundreds of hours by me and friends tracking a scattered hoard he still went where we didnt.

the adx 250 is the important set up and swing time...... and height and coil size!

good luck!

walllydog

nellyt5

Post by nellyt5 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:22 am

hi guys
I said I would post my finds with the newly acquired adventis 2
anyway ,here is the best of 3 short sessions 15hours in total.including 2 hours this morning in the cold ,rain,sleet and snow ,oh and a cold wind,
me and my buddy went back to our first pasture permission which we have spent a lot of time on with the higher frequency machines, gmp, and deus,
very pleased with the adventis 2 , and really does seem to have a little more depth,
these are the best finds of the bunch, along with the usual viccy coppers,musket balls etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xp adventis 2 & ws1,s

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:30 am

nellyt5 wrote:hi guys
I said I would post my finds with the newly acquired adventis 2
anyway ,here is the best of 3 short sessions 15hours in total.including 2 hours this morning in the cold ,rain,sleet and snow ,oh and a cold wind,
me and my buddy went back to our first pasture permission which we have spent a lot of time on with the higher frequency machines, gmp, and deus,
very pleased with the adventis 2 , and really does seem to have a little more depth,
these are the best finds of the bunch, along with the usual viccy coppers,musket balls etc
That lot is all about the fact that you have a great permission ... and I'm certain that I'm on the right frequency!!!

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:07 pm

The Aventis 2 is one of the most underrated machines that XP have ever produced,the reason i think it does not have a bigger following is because it lacks that all important feature that almost all detectorists want and that is a screen.Alas the Aventis does not have that magic feature so the detector is often over looked for machines that do have one.

But basically as the Aventis 2 is a audio detector then a screen is not required,but those folks who do buy them or have used them then find out what a magic detector they really are.I must admit i dont personally own one,but used one for a very long time and it was a pure joy in using it,constantly filling my finds pouch with nice finds.Must admit i am very tempted in buy one myself as they are that good.

Those finds are really really nice and that is a great site,if items are in the ground then the Aventis has a high probability of finding them ::g

Return to “XP Forum”