Detectorbits Quest wireless headphones W6

Please feel free to post topics about metal detector headphones here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Headphones
sparksville

Detectorbits Quest wireless headphones W6

Post by sparksville » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:08 am

Morning all ,

I am the proud owner of a Minelab Etrac which i love and adore.!

I recently upgraded the headphones on it to a wireless set provided by Detectorbits the Quest type W6 wireless headphones!

now let me start by saying these headphones are amazing!! No lag at all and fit perfectly!

I have only used them a few times but on the last 2 outing i found that they appear to be dropping the audio alot. I first noticed it when i was pin pointing - it would blip in and out of sound as if there was a loose wire or when you walk too far away from a blutooth speaker with your phone!!

I thought it might be due to low battery ( i had it on for 6 hours this day) so took it home and fully charged both components.

I took it out the following day and it was doing it again but this time i noticed it was doing it when swinging across a target so i was missing the audio alot when swinging.

Do you think this might be a common issue or a loose wire ? could it be a problem with the \Etrac? i have used other headphones (wired) and it didnt have any issue?

Any advice will be appreciated..

Regards

James

sweepstick47

Re: Detectorbits Quest wireless headphones W6

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 am

Hello James, I think the only solution is to ring 'Detectorbits' and explain the effects you're experiencing and go with the recommendation given. The problem can't be resolved by what really is long distance guessing. It would be great if you let us know the outcome, in case the the subject resurfaces here at some later point.

All the best and I hope you get it sorted soonest.::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Wigeon

Post by Wigeon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:00 pm

I have the Deteknix wireless transmitter and receiver units that I use with other headphones. I have used them for several months.

I don't have the wireless headphones. I too bought from Detectorbits.

I have had no problems with my units, which I use with my E-Trac.

My experience is that about six hours is the most you will get from the transmitter unit (the bit you plug into the detector). As the battery is getting flat, it will make a clicking noise, then switch off.

I have not experienced any cutting in/out as you describe.
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

sparksville

Post by sparksville » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses.
I will continue on with them . they do work well to be fair, I just wasn't sure if it was a syncing issue or something.

cheers :-)

Return to “Metal Detector Headphones”