TDK WR700 Wireless Headphones. Any Good.??

Please feel free to post topics about metal detector headphones here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Headphones
NathRSW

Re: TDK WR700 Wireless Headphones. Any Good.??

Post by NathRSW » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Just brought a 2nd hand pair of these,I had hoped to plug them straight into my Garrett ace 250 but realised it was only supplied with a 3.5mm jack

Nipped into maplins today to get an adaptor - this one was the only one in stock at my local store

http://www.maplin.co.uk/6.35mm-gold-ste ... pter-34602

tested it out anyway and the sounds the headphones emit sound really strange and tinny, hard to distinguish between the different sounds

Ihave tested the headphone without the jack adaptor on laptop and phone and sound quality is excellent

Anyone any idea where I am going wrong? do I need a strereo or mono adaptor, would the wrong type i.e. mono/stereo make a huge difference

Thanks in advance, was really looking forward to using them tomorrow but it just doesn't seem right

felixferal

Post by felixferal » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:20 pm

NathRSW wrote:Just brought a 2nd hand pair of these,I had hoped to plug them straight into my Garrett ace 250 but realised it was only supplied with a 3.5mm jack

Nipped into maplins today to get an adaptor - this one was the only one in stock at my local store

tested it out anyway and the sounds the headphones emit sound really strange and tinny, hard to distinguish between the different sounds

Ihave tested the headphone without the jack adaptor on laptop and phone and sound quality is excellent

Anyone any idea where I am going wrong? do I need a strereo or mono adaptor, would the wrong type i.e. mono/stereo make a huge difference

Thanks in advance, was really looking forward to using them tomorrow but it just doesn't seem right
HI NathRSW,

I also have a Ace 250 - and plugged in my TDK's today for my first trip out, and, as you have described above the sound is awful - really tinny and hard to distinguish between the different tones. Not noticed any problems with lag or the unit switching itself off - and they sound fantastic plugged into my computer - so what's going on. Is the 250 overloading the signal? cos that's what it sounds like - does anyone else have any experience of this problem or suggested fixes?

Thanks Stu ::g ::g ::g
Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Extreme Evolution Blade, Chefphones & Grim Determination

http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/felix ... rary/Coins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Titus Pantus

Post by Titus Pantus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 pm

rossi wrote:Hi

START BY REMOVING THE CUPS FROM THE HEADBAND or NECKBAND ON THE PELTORS
Separate the casings by pulling apart Remove the sound proofing
Cut a slot in the top edge of the cup for the TDK headband
On one cup drill a small hole at the "P" in the cup to operate the off/on switch using a match or something similar
I'm trying to get a camera shutter release switch to fit to it . "Welcome other suggestions"
You only have to set the volume initially to suit you so you don't need to adjust it
The opposite side holds the batteries which need to be charged after about 3 days use but it is easy to separate the casing when it is needed
I will try this at the weekend. Many thanks ::g
Teknetics G2+ LTD
Garrett PP
Makro Waterproof Pointer
All the Evolution Gear

felixferal

Post by felixferal » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:10 pm

felixferal wrote:
NathRSW wrote:Just brought a 2nd hand pair of these,I had hoped to plug them straight into my Garrett ace 250 but realised it was only supplied with a 3.5mm jack

HI NathRSW,

I also have a Ace 250 - and plugged in my TDK's today for my first trip out, and, as you have described above the sound is awful - really tinny and hard to distinguish between the different tones. Not noticed any problems with lag or the unit switching itself off - and they sound fantastic plugged into my computer - so what's going on. Is the 250 overloading the signal? cos that's what it sounds like - does anyone else have any experience of this problem or suggested fixes?

Thanks Stu ::g ::g ::g

Wow I just quoted myself!! Right, solved this problem for anyone interested - You need to buy an in-line volume control - basically 3.5mm jack plug (female) going to a volume control unit then going to a 3.5mm jack plug male - (you can get them on a well know auction site for a few ££) I plug this into the ACE 250 and turn the volume down - then plug the wireless transmitter into this.

Without this the unadulterated signal from the ACE 250 overloads the transmitter and makes the headphones sound awful. I turn the volume control to about a 1/4 of the way up - then plug in the transmitter and adjust the volume on the headset of the WR700's to a comfortable level - I find the sound quality is now really good. Hope this helps anyone having similar problems as without the in line volume control they are pretty much unusable with the ACE 250.... ::g ::g ::g ::g
Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Extreme Evolution Blade, Chefphones & Grim Determination

http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/felix ... rary/Coins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

samjan12

Post by samjan12 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:38 pm

I bought a set of these headphones a year ago. The problem I found was that if you didn't have a signal every 2 or 3 minutes, they would switch off. I read the instructions and this apparently is normal. Anyone else found this and if so what did you do to counteract it. Bloody nuisance.

manicdev

Post by manicdev » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Run your machine a bit "hotter", so you have "something" coming in regularly ::g
Good headphones, I used my one's with the T2 that I had, and now they are used with the DFX (which has a "threshold hum"), so no probs ::g
Dave
XP Deus v3.2 + 9" & 13"x11" coils
Whites DFX + 13 Ultimate
TDK WR 700 Wireless Headphones
Caius Flaminius Labeo

samjan12

Post by samjan12 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:52 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I have a Tesoro DeLeon and I usually operate it without the threshold.
Excuse me for being a bit dim (it's my age) but when you say 'hotter' do you mean that I should use it always with a threshold so that the slight hum keeps the headphones switched on?

Thanks

Graham

Titus Pantus

Post by Titus Pantus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Yes Graham, have a threshold hum and the earphones will not turn off ::g
Teknetics G2+ LTD
Garrett PP
Makro Waterproof Pointer
All the Evolution Gear

samjan12

Post by samjan12 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:19 am

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the late reply; I have been away for a few days.

Many thanks for the info; I shall try it within the next couple of days. [img][/img]

Graham

Return to “Metal Detector Headphones”