Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Please feel free to post topics about metal detector headphones here.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Headphones
Post Reply
1936standard
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by 1936standard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:12 pm

WIRELESS HEADPHONES FOR £3.50 OFF EBAY AND THEY WORK GREAT, NICE AND COMPACT RESPONSE IS OK, SPORTS STYLE HEADSET, TIME WILL TELL HOW LONG THE BATTERIES LAST AND THE HEADPHONES COME TO THAT, AND THEY HAVE A RADIO FUNCTION! :D

ImageImage Image


ACE 250 WITH 8.5" X 11" 2D COIL
ACE 250 WITH STANDARD COIL
EVOLUTION EXTREME TROWEL
GARRETT RUCK SACK
GARRETT PRO POINTER
VARIOUS TROWELS
26" SHOVEL

User avatar
mrix
Founder
Posts: 10205
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am
Location: UK South Coast
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 651 times
Contact:

Re: WIRELESS HEADPHONES FOR 3.50!

Post by mrix » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi 1936standard, if they are bluetooth there is always normally a delay, will be interesting to read how you get along with them, at the end of the day if they are no good you have not really lost much I suppose.
Cheers
mrix

1936standard
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: WIRELESS HEADPHONES FOR 3.50!

Post by 1936standard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:19 pm

mrix wrote:Hi 1936standard, if they are bluetooth there is always normally a delay, will be interesting to read how you get along with them, at the end of the day if they are no good you have not really lost much I suppose.
Cheers
mrix
they are not bluetooth they are fm and there doesn't seem to be any delay ::g
ACE 250 WITH 8.5" X 11" 2D COIL
ACE 250 WITH STANDARD COIL
EVOLUTION EXTREME TROWEL
GARRETT RUCK SACK
GARRETT PRO POINTER
VARIOUS TROWELS
26" SHOVEL

BritishBeef
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 am
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by BritishBeef » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 pm

I can't find them. What are they called?
C-Scope CS6MXi
C-Scope CS3MX
Garrett Pro Pointer
http://www.somersetmetaldetecting.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1936standard
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by 1936standard » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 pm

BritishBeef wrote:I can't find them. What are they called?
i got the price wrong they where £3.95 sorry. item number,,320785766734 ::g
ACE 250 WITH 8.5" X 11" 2D COIL
ACE 250 WITH STANDARD COIL
EVOLUTION EXTREME TROWEL
GARRETT RUCK SACK
GARRETT PRO POINTER
VARIOUS TROWELS
26" SHOVEL

tozadog
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 am
Location: West Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by tozadog » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Just ordered some thanks for the heads up... Will see what they are like..
Garrett AT PRO International
Detecknix X Pointer

tony47
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by tony47 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:26 pm

thanks for the tip just order'd 2 pair for the mrs and me see how they go

tozadog
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 am
Location: West Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by tozadog » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Just got mine ... They work with my fisher f5 but only one of the speakers is on even when its playing the Radio....

Will contact seller for a replacement...

They do seem quite good tho for the price.
Garrett AT PRO International
Detecknix X Pointer

1936standard
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by 1936standard » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:08 pm

tozadog wrote:Just got mine ... They work with my fisher f5 but only one of the speakers is on even when its playing the Radio....

Will contact seller for a replacement...

They do seem quite good tho for the price.
had another play with them today and i cant see that there is any delay, but as i said time will tell how reliable they are and how long the batteries last.
ACE 250 WITH 8.5" X 11" 2D COIL
ACE 250 WITH STANDARD COIL
EVOLUTION EXTREME TROWEL
GARRETT RUCK SACK
GARRETT PRO POINTER
VARIOUS TROWELS
26" SHOVEL

tozadog
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 am
Location: West Yorkshire
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by tozadog » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:18 pm

What's the volume like when out in the field..?? Is it loud enough.

Mine are fairly quiet in the house but as I said only one speaker is working.
Garrett AT PRO International
Detecknix X Pointer

Kingmidas
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by Kingmidas » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Is there a volume control?

Need one for the Ace 250 ;)

1936standard
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by 1936standard » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Kingmidas wrote:Is there a volume control?

Need one for the Ace 250 ;)
yes there is a volume on the on/off headset switch, its loud enough ::g
ACE 250 WITH 8.5" X 11" 2D COIL
ACE 250 WITH STANDARD COIL
EVOLUTION EXTREME TROWEL
GARRETT RUCK SACK
GARRETT PRO POINTER
VARIOUS TROWELS
26" SHOVEL

tony47
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by tony47 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:01 pm

our 2 pair came today one for the wifes ace 250 and one for my euro ace both work fine no lag as i can tell first field test tomorrow so will see how they perform

Kingmidas
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by Kingmidas » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:59 am

tony47 wrote:our 2 pair came today one for the wifes ace 250 and one for my euro ace both work fine no lag as i can tell first field test tomorrow so will see how they perform
I'll look forward to your review. ::g

JamieB
Posts: 2108
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by JamieB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 pm

I used these with my ace 250 and found them unreliable in the field .. They worked great indoors but as soon as there's any interference they drop the signal and you have to "reboot" them to your detector
Youtube channel: https://youtu.be/WCVc_IFEOho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XP Deus + 13x11" coil
Garrett pro pointer
Hairy Coin Purse

ScotsmanInKent
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by ScotsmanInKent » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Just bought a pair, fingers crossed.

Even if they dont work well it is not so much money to risk.

SIK
2016 Finds:
3 Hammered
11 Roman
2 Milled silver
0 Sceat
0 Stater

Lots of scrap.......

Ten pence!
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by Ten pence! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:28 pm

I ordered a pair of these as they were so cheap, first the good news, I can categorically say there is no delay whatsoever when used on my T2, they also proved reliable tonight, no switching off as with some others, the sounds are "different" but still more than acceptable.

Now the bad points, there is a constant background hiss although you do get used to it, you have to select the volume on the detector and headphones carefully otherwise the headphones get overwhelmed, the phones are physically very small, they'd probably fit a six year old better than an adult, and finally build quality is atrocious, drop any part of this set up on a hard surface and it would be terminal.

So it is possible to make headphones cheaply and without a time delay, we just need some quality ones to come onto the market now, fingers crossed.

User avatar
beaubrummell
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:50 pm
Location: Essex
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by beaubrummell » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Ten pence! wrote:
So it is possible to make headphones cheaply and without a time delay, we just need some quality ones to come onto the market now, fingers crossed.
You get what you pay for I guess. With improved quality comes a higher price. There are quality wireless ones now i.e.TDK wr700 , Blaupunkt 112 Comfort etc etc
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

Ten pence!
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by Ten pence! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 pm

I have a set of the TDK's but unfortunately they are relegated to use on the PC due to the pronounced lag which I find very distracting on a fast machine like my T2, sadly bluetooth headphones are even worse. ;;z

AceDiggerAndy
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by AceDiggerAndy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:53 pm

I use them with my Minelab x-terra 70 and have no problem at all with
them. :) :) :)

User avatar
beaubrummell
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:50 pm
Location: Essex
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by beaubrummell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Seems like wireless headphones work well with some but not with others. Trial and error I guess.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

1936standard
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by 1936standard » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Ten pence! wrote:I ordered a pair of these as they were so cheap, first the good news, I can categorically say there is no delay whatsoever when used on my T2, they also proved reliable tonight, no switching off as with some others, the sounds are "different" but still more than acceptable.

Now the bad points, there is a constant background hiss although you do get used to it, you have to select the volume on the detector and headphones carefully otherwise the headphones get overwhelmed, the phones are physically very small, they'd probably fit a six year old better than an adult, and finally build quality is atrocious, drop any part of this set up on a hard surface and it would be terminal.

So it is possible to make headphones cheaply and without a time delay, we just need some quality ones to come onto the market now, fingers crossed.
i'm told that i have a big head and have no size issue with them so a silly question i know but you do realize that they fit around the back of your head and over the top of your ears
ACE 250 WITH 8.5" X 11" 2D COIL
ACE 250 WITH STANDARD COIL
EVOLUTION EXTREME TROWEL
GARRETT RUCK SACK
GARRETT PRO POINTER
VARIOUS TROWELS
26" SHOVEL

User avatar
hihosilver
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:50 pm
Location: Bristol
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by hihosilver » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Received a pair today although they're £5 now. They give off a terrible noise when I use duracells (alkalines) in the headphone part but when using some really cheapo rechargables (nimh) they worked fine. The transmitter doesn't seem to care what batteries are in it. The wireless range isn't great but for use with a detector they seem like they'd do the trick. Audio quality is on par with very low end headphones, but again this shouldn't matter for use with a detector. Of which I can't really test yet, as it's just not going to work with the Deus.

The FM radio function is actually quite good. Tunes into FM stations pretty quicky at the press of a button. :))

Will be adding these to some ear defenders to make a showerproof and wireless unit soon. ::g

Anyone tried these with a Minelab Sovereign GT at all? :-/
Current setup:
XP Deus v2.0, MINELAB Equinox 800 v1.7.5, GARRETT Pro-Pointer
MD'ing since Sept '11

Looking for a friendly club in the Bristol and Somerset area? Contact us at:
www.wessexsearchers.club

Ten pence!
Posts: 1217
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by Ten pence! » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:49 pm

1936standard wrote:
Ten pence! wrote:I ordered a pair of these as they were so cheap, first the good news, I can categorically say there is no delay whatsoever when used on my T2, they also proved reliable tonight, no switching off as with some others, the sounds are "different" but still more than acceptable.

Now the bad points, there is a constant background hiss although you do get used to it, you have to select the volume on the detector and headphones carefully otherwise the headphones get overwhelmed, the phones are physically very small, they'd probably fit a six year old better than an adult, and finally build quality is atrocious, drop any part of this set up on a hard surface and it would be terminal.

So it is possible to make headphones cheaply and without a time delay, we just need some quality ones to come onto the market now, fingers crossed.
i'm told that i have a big head and have no size issue with them so a silly question i know but you do realize that they fit around the back of your head and over the top of your ears
I wear a hat and they seem to pull a bit on your ears, they tended to drop onto the collar of my coat, a bit irritating after a while! ;;z

tony47
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: Wireless Headphones for £3.50!

Post by tony47 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:46 pm

both the wife and i have been out numerous times with ours and they work fine but as stated early'r the build quality is bad had to glue mine up a couple of times but they still work fine. batterys last a good while about 16 to 18 hrs detecting. cheap and nasty but they work and its great not to be tie'd to the machine
and as far as i can tell no lag. i use euro ace the wife uses ace 250

Post Reply

Return to “Metal Detector Headphones”