Backup Detector. Golden Mask.

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
DelphiOne

Backup Detector. Golden Mask.

Post by DelphiOne » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 pm

I have an Equinox 800 and im really happy with it, im thinking of getting myself a backup detctor incase i have problems with the Nox in the future, or just as a change of detector now and again.
So would like an honest opinion from users of the following detectors if possible.
Golden Mask +1 UK15khz and Golden Mask 5+ SE.

I Hunt inland mainly pasture and ploughland, so lots of Coke and iron, do ither of these machines cope with coke and iron very well? The +1 Uk i would call an analogue machine and it does not bother me it's a rotay knob machine as most of my detectors years ago were the same, even when using the Nox i tend to rely on my ears more than the display. Is their a better golden mask Analogue machine on the market. What sort of depth could i expect from both machines, will it be similar to the Nox?

Lastly which Golden Mask would you recommend if any.

garrettoldboy

Re: Backup Detector. Golden Mask.

Post by garrettoldboy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 pm

hello, as you have a super dooper detector i would go for the 1 + UK, it will null out iron but can pick up large plough shears/ horse shoes as many do, will pick up coke unless you realy understand the sounds and do a reasonable depth, 15KHz, switch on and go and auto ground balance, £267 posted 12 inch coil, standard stem, box covers,

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:24 am

Golden Mask 1 or any of the GM4 range the GM 5 range have poor audio and have had software problems for me its GM4 all the way
The GM 1 does not have auto GB it is fixed to ferrite

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 am

garrettoldboy wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 pm
hello, as you have a super dooper detector i would go for the 1 + UK, it will null out iron but can pick up large plough shears/ horse shoes as many do, will pick up coke unless you realy understand the sounds and do a reasonable depth, 15KHz, switch on and go and auto ground balance, £267 posted 12 inch coil, standard stem, box covers,
or you may wish to go to a better one with a 2 range KHz 8/18 and manual GB like the 4, 8KHz is ideal for pasture, plug in phones or wireless,

Koala

Post by Koala » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 pm

GM 1+ with 7" coil

will hit a pre decimal half penny easy at 10" in my ground but is getting towards its max

very good on a cut half ::g

discrimination is also very good.

Will you be digging coke. Yes. Coke varies a lot. But some will give a good signal. With experience you will learn that most has a slightly different sound. More along the lines of a longer muffled beep than a sort sharp beep. Often different from left or right swing.

Lots of cow poo on water logged ground is generally not a good experience with lots o false signals

I only had a short play with one. But I found it preformed almost identical to my Bandido.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Lots of off topic replies removed, the OP is clearly asking about the Golden Mask machine as a back up machine.
Please stay on topic ::g
Thanks
mrix

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:14 am

Good job he wasn’t thinking of using a £29 maplins metal detector as his back up machine, we’d just have to wish him good luck I guess :))

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:06 am

garrettoldboy wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 pm
hello, if you check out my post on here reference the GM1 + UK doing the iron and coin test, it realy does null out iron and give a good sound on the coin, the 12 inch coil was recommended by a GM dealer in Bulgaria

Return to “Other Brands Forum”