Defective Vallon

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
Wigeon

Defective Vallon

Post by Wigeon »

Having patiently waited to get back on my fen edge Palstave site, I was delighted to receive a Vallon for my birthday in late February. However the fen was still far too wet and rutted, so continued patience was required.

A few weeks ago it all started to come right, so off we went, full of high hopes. Then the problems started.

To cut a very long story short, it would not work in 'Normal' mode but was ok in 'Mineral' mode.
I tried every which way to ensure that it was not operator error, but to no avail.

I then realised that there was a fault with the headset too ;;z . These detectors are designed for use by young soldiers, not grandads with hearing loss, so the headset is essential for me.

The Vallon is so different from other detectors that an experienced user of other detectors but Vallon novice, has a steep learning curve. I was anxious not to be a pain to the retailer by contacting them if it was me that had got it round my neck, so persevered by trial and error in an attempt to eliminate possible causes one by one.

The retailer sent me a replacement headset, which rectified that problem, however the other could not be resolved.

I am particularly grateful to our members Iceni and Jarrett for their patience and help, whilst I tried to resolve the issue.

Bottom line is that the Vallon is defective and has to go back. As I am complying with government advice and STAYING AT HOME, returning it may take some time. Small unimportant problem though.

Fiona at Rays-Tek Surplus Supplies (retailer) has been as good as gold and will replace or refund once I can return it. ::g

The Palstave site has been there for 3,000+ years, so will still be there after next harvest.

Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

sweepstick47

Re: Defective Vallon

Post by sweepstick47 »

Indeed, it will have been disappointing at the time of course and during the period you were attempting to resolve the issue. Such possibilities are something that we accept may have to to confront when buying any S/H item. The good news is that the seller ,has been very understanding and also helpful while at the same time offering to replace the machine on it's return ,which is commendable.

Roll-on the time when you can make up for the time lost and get out and about once more, however, at the present time, you're doing exactly what's required in order to minimise the risks to yourself and others, as are we and I'm sure by far the majority of right thinking peeps too. ::g

All the best, stay safe - Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

Hello widegeon, i have had two of these machines if it is the vallon vmh3cs then did you really tighten
The battery lid hard at the back, i made this mistake with mine before and this was the problem
(They are very good )

Wigeon

Post by Wigeon »

Barbossa76 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Hello widegeon, i have had two of these machines if it is the vallon vmh3cs then did you really tighten
The battery lid hard at the back, i made this mistake with mine before and this was the problem
(They are very good )
Thank you for your reply. Yes indeed that was one of the possibilities that I needed to eliminate.
It was exactly that type of simple user error that I was keen to ensure I hadn't made. ::g
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

No probs, hope you get all sorted and out detecting with it ::g

Return to “Other Brands Forum”