Deeptech Vista Smart +

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
Bargeman

Deeptech Vista Smart +

Post by Bargeman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 pm

I happened to be passing the LP showroom today, I am lucky in that I live fifteen minutes up the road, so I get to pass quite often, so called in to get an update on a few recent digs, and while there I thought I would take a look over the Deeptech Vista Smart+. Now this is not a full in the field review, although I shall add a decent video at the end. But more a look at a machine in the showroom.

The first thing you notice when picking up this machine is how light it is, then you look at the control panel and notice that this is an old style analogue machine, no digital display here, just plenty of knobs to play with, including iron volume ::g

next as you hold the machine in a detecting manor, you feel a very slight wobble, from down near the coil :-O but fear not, this is an intended wobble, and is caused by a small flexible section on the lower stem, this is a built in shock absorber, for when you accidentally hit a large flint or solid bean stalk, so protecting the lower bolt of coil ears. Very clever, and well designed.
The tones appear to be somewhere between the sooty and sweep Deus, and the slightly sweeter tones of the XP GMP. This machine sits in the middle of both price, and frequency, I think it was 15khz. so will give you plenty of depth, and these machines are known for their depth.

I have to say, although I don't hold much faith by air tests alone, in the shop the Vista Smart was picking up small coins at very impressive ranges, while also completely blanking out an old rusty large nail.

All in quite an impressive machine, that really does deserve a look. and I am sure we will see a few out and about in the fields and if I didn't already have a GMP, I would consider one ::g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1R9nbRAcA

http://www.deeptech-bg.com

Well there you are, a sort of mini review, best I can do when confined to a salesroom floor :D

BM [:)
XP Goldmaxx Power + 9" coil & WS2 & WS3 wireless phones
NEL Sharpshooter & Tornado coils..

Rutus Alter 71 & two Coils
CTX 3030 with 11" & 17" Coils

bob79

Re: Deeptech Vista Smart +

Post by bob79 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi BM, check out Ziggy's Vista Warrior YouTube video's, looks an interesting machine.

Bob ::g

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:55 pm

BM - it's your fault that I bought a Rutus (no regrets, by the way!) and now you've come up with another machine that to me at least looks very tempting, mainly because its simplicity matches that of my brain - switch on and go, only 2 tones and if it isn't iron, dig it. There's more to the machine than that of course, but I'll certainly be looking for an opportunity to try one out. For those who prefer an 'ears only' analogue machine rather than fancy screens, I think this might be a serious contender and it should be pretty good at finding small targets at some depth once you get used to the nuances of the high tone. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the basic Vista and the 'Warrior' - except the toggle switches on the latter are perhaps more conveniently located on the face of the box rather than underneath.

The price is good - (ridiculously cheap if you buy direct from Deeptech in Bulgaria, but of course then there's after-sales service to think about). The little 5.7 inch coil also looks great as an add-on for rummaging around in woods, etc. Seems that the coils are only 'water-resistant' rather than waterproof, so that also might be something to consider.

Regards

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm

You can still find a Deeptech video deep down in the vaults of Gary from XPs own channel, gardansolynn. It's the Vista Sprite but you can see what a big fan of Deeptech he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnNHr9HNl8

Worth a watch.
Xp Deus 11" coil
Garrett 400i + Nel Tornado coil

Jedi Master button finder

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Mud Max wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm
You can still find a Deeptech video deep down in the vaults of Gary from XPs own channel, gardansolynn. It's the Vista Sprite but you can see what a big fan of Deeptech he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnNHr9HNl8

Worth a watch.
Cheers MudMax - Yep - was worth a watch :) - wish I could find land that's so easy to dig and all the targets are within 2" of the surface!

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Well, since I was fortunate enough to be paid a £500 bonus last month, I had to decide what to do with it - pension? nah. ISA? nah. Deeptech? No contest. I'm now the proud owner of a Vista Warrior - not that different from the Gold other than the frequency and the addition of a 'Gain' control. (no I don't blame you for persuading me to buy this one, BM - I've actually also been casually watching these machines for a while).

First outing on a club dig at the weekend and I'm impressed. So simple to set up, ground balance and a very light machine.

Using the 'reject' mode, it is easy to identify non-ferrous targets amongst the iron. Using the 'disc' mode completely silences iron signals. The high tone has many subtle nuances, which I suspect can quickly be mastered - like most machines, if it screams at you it's probably iron or aluminium, but for some reason the subtle sound of a worthwhile target seems to be easier to identify with this machine. Everybody's ears are different though.

As a result I didn't dig any iron for once - but did hit one or two tiny fragments of aluminium. Dug a 1cm copper button at a depth of about 350mm - I only persevered because the signal was so clear and constant - was hoping it might be a gold stater - dream on. No significant finds, but the quality finds were few and far between in the fields we were on. Dug several buttons, a couple of buckle fragments, George V penny and the usual bits and bobs but surprisingly far less rubbish than I usually get with the other machines.

Stability, simplicity of use, light weight, accurate pinpointing and impressive depth sums the machine up - hopefully I will be posting a good find in the near future!

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Nice one Phil. I only hear good things about these machines.
Xp Deus 11" coil
Garrett 400i + Nel Tornado coil

Jedi Master button finder

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Phil2401 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Stability, simplicity of use, light weight, accurate pinpointing and impressive depth sums the machine up - hopefully I will be posting a good find in the near future!

Phil
How are you getting on with the new toy then Phil

BM [:)

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi BM

Haven't been out since my last post - too busy at work and the evenings aren't now long enough, but will be at the SMDC dig in Hampshire tomorrow giving it a proper outing.

Amongst my other initial impressions, whilst the machine will easily find and pinpoint a non-ferrous target, its depth capability seems so good that you might end up digging a very deep hole for very little reward - but last weekend it did find small buttons (and an air rifle pellet) over a foot deep - could just as easily have been small coins....? Like any machine, getting used to the subtleties of the audio tone will take time.

Ever hopeful and will keep you posted.

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Nice to see you again briefly this morning BM - sorry I didn't catch up with you before I left. I can't report any spectacular finds with the Deeptech - the fields seemed to be producing very few promising signals for anybody - plenty of the usual iron, aluminium, lead and a few shotties, but as far as I know apart from a couple of coins nobody came up with anything 'special' - maybe you'll have more to report on today's dig. I did get a small beehive-shaped solid copper alloy thingy with concentric rings on the outer surface, at about 9" deep - will post a photo in 'Finds ID' in due course. Hope you did better than me!

Regards

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

Copperballs1

Post by Copperballs1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:11 pm

These machines are really getting great reviews by their users - I am still unclear on their abilities in coke. A lot of my permissions have coke and I seem to be digging a lot of it with my Deus (even notching out numbers 26 - 30). Love the Deus but would like a backup machine - Rutus 71 or this machine seems to be what I have narrowed it down to.

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Have to say I haven't come across any coke yet with the Deeptech, but it's still early days. Will keep an eye out and let you know.
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Garrett Pro Pointer

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Copperballs1

Post by Copperballs1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Great thanks! ::g

guidocordoni

Post by guidocordoni » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi
I want to buy a new metal detector and I've been offered two choice:
1) New Deeptech Vista Smart plus
2) Used XP Deus 9 Inch WS5 Lite (still in warranty).

Both seems excellent machine and have about the same price. I am tempted to to go for Deeptech, but I don't know if this is really a good machine.
Please share your view so I can make an informed decision.
Thanks

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

Return to “Other Brands Forum”