Deeptech Vista Smart +

All topics related to other metal detector brands, makes that do not have their own category here.
Other Brand Videos
Bargeman

Deeptech Vista Smart +

Post by Bargeman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 pm

I happened to be passing the LP showroom today, I am lucky in that I live fifteen minutes up the road, so I get to pass quite often, so called in to get an update on a few recent digs, and while there I thought I would take a look over the Deeptech Vista Smart+. Now this is not a full in the field review, although I shall add a decent video at the end. But more a look at a machine in the showroom.

The first thing you notice when picking up this machine is how light it is, then you look at the control panel and notice that this is an old style analogue machine, no digital display here, just plenty of knobs to play with, including iron volume ::g

next as you hold the machine in a detecting manor, you feel a very slight wobble, from down near the coil :-O but fear not, this is an intended wobble, and is caused by a small flexible section on the lower stem, this is a built in shock absorber, for when you accidentally hit a large flint or solid bean stalk, so protecting the lower bolt of coil ears. Very clever, and well designed.
The tones appear to be somewhere between the sooty and sweep Deus, and the slightly sweeter tones of the XP GMP. This machine sits in the middle of both price, and frequency, I think it was 15khz. so will give you plenty of depth, and these machines are known for their depth.

I have to say, although I don't hold much faith by air tests alone, in the shop the Vista Smart was picking up small coins at very impressive ranges, while also completely blanking out an old rusty large nail.

All in quite an impressive machine, that really does deserve a look. and I am sure we will see a few out and about in the fields and if I didn't already have a GMP, I would consider one ::g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1R9nbRAcA

http://www.deeptech-bg.com

Well there you are, a sort of mini review, best I can do when confined to a salesroom floor :D

BM [:)
XP Goldmaxx Power + 9" coil & WS2 + WS3 wireless phones
NEL Sharpshooter
NEL Tornado
and Mud.

Rutus Alter 71

bob79

Re: Deeptech Vista Smart +

Post by bob79 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi BM, check out Ziggy's Vista Warrior YouTube video's, looks an interesting machine.

Bob ::g

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:55 pm

BM - it's your fault that I bought a Rutus (no regrets, by the way!) and now you've come up with another machine that to me at least looks very tempting, mainly because its simplicity matches that of my brain - switch on and go, only 2 tones and if it isn't iron, dig it. There's more to the machine than that of course, but I'll certainly be looking for an opportunity to try one out. For those who prefer an 'ears only' analogue machine rather than fancy screens, I think this might be a serious contender and it should be pretty good at finding small targets at some depth once you get used to the nuances of the high tone. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the basic Vista and the 'Warrior' - except the toggle switches on the latter are perhaps more conveniently located on the face of the box rather than underneath.

The price is good - (ridiculously cheap if you buy direct from Deeptech in Bulgaria, but of course then there's after-sales service to think about). The little 5.7 inch coil also looks great as an add-on for rummaging around in woods, etc. Seems that the coils are only 'water-resistant' rather than waterproof, so that also might be something to consider.

Regards

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Garrett Pro Pointer

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm

You can still find a Deeptech video deep down in the vaults of Gary from XPs own channel, gardansolynn. It's the Vista Sprite but you can see what a big fan of Deeptech he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnNHr9HNl8

Worth a watch.
Xp Deus 11" coil
Garrett 400i + Nel Tornado coil

Jedi Master button finder

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Mud Max wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm
You can still find a Deeptech video deep down in the vaults of Gary from XPs own channel, gardansolynn. It's the Vista Sprite but you can see what a big fan of Deeptech he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grnNHr9HNl8

Worth a watch.
Cheers MudMax - Yep - was worth a watch :) - wish I could find land that's so easy to dig and all the targets are within 2" of the surface!

Phil
Rutus Alter 71
Deus Lite
Garrett Pro Pointer

Return to “Other Brands Forum”