Rutus Headphones coming?

Topics related to RUTUS metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
tcawood

Rutus Headphones coming?

Post by tcawood » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:36 pm

A conversation on FB about the Rutus wireless frequency on the Alter 71 and if there was any way to connect directly to headphones prompted me to contact them, this was the interesting response I got...

Wireless receiver can work only with wired headphones. Alter could work only with our wireless headphones (they maybe appear in the future).

So looks like we may be getting dedicated headphones with the module built in!

Equinox 600, Rutus Alter 71, Makro Pinpointer, Spartan Spade

Phil2401

Re: Rutus Headphones coming?

Post by Phil2401 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Personally I don’t find the current wireless module cable too much of an encumbrance, but a true wireless connection would obviously be great. Might be a while before their relatively small R&D budget allows them to come up with the perfect solution, but when they do, they’ll have a package that will compete with the best:)
Quaerite et invenietis

Makro multi Kruzer
Deus Lite v.3.2 + WS4
Garrett Pro Pointer

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 am

I like the current set up especially as it involves an AA battery, I also have the deteknix wireless headphones that are great but have built in batteries and can only be charged via usb, bit of a pain if they run out in the field
MINELAB SAFARI & RUTUS ALTER 71 teamed up with DETEKNIX WIRELESS HEADPHONES
BEST FINDS HERE; https://www.ukdfd.co.uk/v46/my-ads.html

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 am

I find the wireless set-up to be the weak link in the Alter 71. Maybe it is because I have an early unit I don't know? But a single AS battery does not last and I need to carry a spare if detecting for a day. And I often get high pitched clicks and tones when using the module.

I too have tried the Detecniks wireless setup, but even if I turn the on-board wireless off on the Rutus, the tones coming through the Detecniks is badly distorted so in my opinion do not work. Maybe I will try the Garrett system?

Don't get me wrong, the Rutus is a fantastic deep searching machine, and if I broke it tomorrow I would buy another immediately. It is just the wireless that lets it down, but I am happy to live with that small issue. ::g

BM [:)
Rutus Alter 71
Equinox 800
CTX 3030
XP Goldmaxx Power

At Digger

Post by At Digger » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 am

I bought a wireless module from the second batch and I find it excellent, OK battery life isn't great but I get atleast 2 full days out with one AA , I always carry spare batteries for Rutus, wireless module and pinpointer in my pockets.
I am more the happy with mine and as BM says, " I will buy another one tomorrow if anything happened my Rutus " EXCELLENT MACHINE ::g

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Bargeman wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 am
I find the wireless set-up to be the weak link in the Alter 71. Maybe it is because I have an early unit I don't know? But a single AS battery does not last and I need to carry a spare if detecting for a day. And I often get high pitched clicks and tones when using the module.

I too have tried the Detecniks wireless setup, but even if I turn the on-board wireless off on the Rutus, the tones coming through the Detecniks is badly distorted so in my opinion do not work. Maybe I will try the Garrett system?

Don't get me wrong, the Rutus is a fantastic deep searching machine, and if I broke it tomorrow I would buy another immediately. It is just the wireless that lets it down, but I am happy to live with that small issue. ::g

Strange that you have problems with your's, I've only put 2 batteries in mine from new and I'm out 2 or 3 times a week although only for a couple of hours at a time, never had a problem with high pitched clicks and tones etc, as for the deteknix BUT I'm pretty sure with my later machine you have to turn the in built wireless off otherwise you get no output through the headphone socket.
MINELAB SAFARI & RUTUS ALTER 71 teamed up with DETEKNIX WIRELESS HEADPHONES
BEST FINDS HERE; https://www.ukdfd.co.uk/v46/my-ads.html

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 pm

I have tried with all the wireless settings turned of, but the sounds are awful using the detecniks setup. I may pick up another Rutus wireless module and see if that is any better ::g

BM :;@
Rutus Alter 71
Equinox 800
CTX 3030
XP Goldmaxx Power

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm

My wireless modules was great, no issues beyond occasionally accidentally pulling it out, then it stopped working entirely, sent it back and got a replacement/repair sorted super quick but now it's scratchy cuts out occasionally and that sort of thing.

It's not the headphones at fault as they work fine again once plugged into the machine.

Going to try it again at the weekend, swap batteries, frequencies etc, but if it's not improved then it'll be going back again ;-(
Equinox 600, Rutus Alter 71, Makro Pinpointer, Spartan Spade

Robbo802

Post by Robbo802 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

My wireless module does that too. Sometimes it's good for a short time, then others it's random beeps etc and recently disconnects itself from the detector and won't reconnect until I restart the detector. Even with fresh batteries I have this problem.

At Digger

Post by At Digger » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 pm

My wireless module is still working perfect,
the only time the signal goes is if I venture to far away from the Rutus if I put it down to go over to Look at someone else's find. When I return and get within a couple of metres it automatically connects again.
You should send it back for repair/replacement.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Robbo802 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm
My wireless module does that too. Sometimes it's good for a short time, then others it's random beeps etc and recently disconnects itself from the detector and won't reconnect until I restart the detector. Even with fresh batteries I have this problem.
What number is your module? my one finally packed up on me, but it was an early one with a very low number, I now have a newer one and the batteries are lasting much much longer ::g

Rutus Alter 71
Equinox 800
CTX 3030
XP Goldmaxx Power

Return to “RUTUS Forum”