looks like too many pointers now

Please post all topics related to metal detecting pinpointers, probes here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Pinpointers
brianc

Re: looks like too many pointers now

Post by brianc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:24 pm

I've just had a GP-Pointer arrive and I must say for £19 delivered it looks like it will help narrow the search once the hole is dug.

The build quality and the plastics are extremely good - it comes with a lanyard and belt holster.

There are two decent reference points for gauging the hole depth too - the complete device is exactly 9" long and from tip to the light bulb it is 4".

After some air testing, I am pretty confident that it will pick up targets in the 1" to 3" range based on tests that I have made.

It likes ferrous so will read that quite early at 3" - I think it has a problem with gold as my wedding ring needs to be within a centimetre and my silver ring is an inch or so before it detects.

My small Yeomanry buttons register at 1", a ten pence and one pence coin at 2" and five pence piece at 1.5". The bottle top is 2" and a galvanised nail is about the same.

Relic type material such as small bronze is around 1", as is small copper and a musket ball. A ring pull is around 1.5".

When I have tried it out in the field I will post on the findings.

Wandering off to the fields with my Makro Racer 2.

Although, I enjoyed the walk with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV!

Return to “Metal Detecting Pinpointers”