pinpointer

Please post all topics related to metal detecting pinpointers, probes here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Pinpointers
pengles

pinpointer

Post by pengles » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:14 am

Whilst out last week It ran through my mind that If my pinpointer packed up whilst out (no sign yet luckily), it could make the rest of the day hard work so looked at a reasonably priced backup. Bought a 'Urceri' for £29.99. I've never heard of the make before but tried it out yesterday, a great bit of kit and I'll probably use it all of the time now. Don't know about longevity, but it looks and feels solid enough.

XP Deus Light
GP pointer

sweepstick47

Re: pinpointer

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Hello Pengles, There are several 'pointers' out there that are a cheap buy and some appear to provide good service. Let's hope your choice turns out to be a 'good buy pointer' rather than a
good bye pointer'...sorry! 8-|

Serious now, as it's not a well known pointer, please let us know your views on it given a reasonable period of being 'in use' ::g Good Luck - Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:38 pm

looks like it also comes under the name kkmoon and sorry to say £13 cheaper :E
Just using the Force Image

pengles

Post by pengles » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi The Mole. I've been using a KK Moon GP pointer for over a year, yes it's cheaper, and yes it's been brilliant. Still going strong, just thought about a backup and saw the URCERI on Amazon, and thought, for the money I'd give it a go. At the moment seems a great bit of kit. Only time will tell of course, but I don't see why a pinpointer should cost so much. I think sometimes people just need a well know brand. Just my opinion.
XP Deus Light
GP pointer

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 pm

pengles wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:21 pm
Hi The Mole. I've been using a KK Moon GP pointer for over a year, yes it's cheaper, and yes it's been brilliant. Still going strong, just thought about a backup and saw the URCERI on Amazon, and thought, for the money I'd give it a go. At the moment seems a great bit of kit. Only time will tell of course, but I don't see why a pinpointer should cost so much. I think sometimes people just need a well know brand. Just my opinion.
so is it not one and the same pointer ? i dont have a problem with cheap prices so long as the item works, after having a garrett mk1 for 8 years i just purchased the gp pointer for £18.99 . hopefully it will be tested in the field this weekend.

was basically letting you know that it comes with different names and different prices but looks the same in the pic. ;)
Just using the Force Image

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Looks to work fine in a few videos. Be nice to see how it does in the real world. Hope it works out fine for you.

Did see them a few years ago. When they only had the L.E.D.s no buzzer. Someone on here bought one and reported it worked fine.

Return to “Metal Detecting Pinpointers”