New pin pointer

Please post all topics related to metal detecting pinpointers, probes here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Pinpointers
Doyoudigitman

New pin pointer

Post by Doyoudigitman » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Hey folks
The old black garrett is on its last legs! There seems to be a lot of new pointers out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Pardon the pun..
Regards Raymond
Happy hunting

Danzigman

Re: New pin pointer

Post by Danzigman » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:22 pm

If you choose to go for the GPP AT (Carrot/ Orange) - then I suggest you to test one first, as it can be more than tricky to use it.
I had it, but sold it to got for the GPP VII ( the Garrett Pro Pointer Version II).
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:40 pm

I'd recommend the Garrett carrot, simple to use - Just switch on, pin-point target, switch off. But you can also reduce the power level in small steps by each additional press of the button whilst in use, which is sometimes handy.
It's one of the very best and waterproof too but I'd be equally happy to have the XP MI6 if I did not have this one. :D
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

skythepig

Post by skythepig » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 am

I have the Garrett Carrot AT and it is simple to use,I have not used it that much but it does seem to be going through batteries a lot and only lasts about 2 weeks of use. :;@
XP Deus, a different ball game.
Equinox 800 still learning but getting there
Sovereign Elite
Bad Back and dodgy knees

Sirbleepsalot

Post by Sirbleepsalot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Not a popular choice but I have an X-pointer by Quest which is a PI one to go with my PI machine for beach work. It's already had a lot of stick and I'm very happy with it (review will follow).

Only thing to note is it eats pp3 batteries but this seems to be normal. My very limited knowledge suggests a VLF pointer would upset a PI machine and vise versa but happy to be corrected.
Cscope CS4PI

chip

Post by chip » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Another vote for the Garret carrot, just works well. I don’t see the point in paying extra for one that links to your headphones as I have no problem hearing mine, or mateys 50 yards away for that matter.

I suppose a stronger argument for them is if matey 50 yards away had one linked to his headphones I wouldn’t have to hear it :D
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Doyoudigitman

Post by Doyoudigitman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice,I was torn between the Garrett and the fisher f pulse but leaning towards the Garrett now!! ::g

Return to “Metal Detecting Pinpointers”