Advice on the Otek pinpointer and others

Please post all topics related to metal detecting pinpointers, probes here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Pinpointers
ron1#

Advice on the Otek pinpointer and others

Post by ron1# » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi all,
Being pretty new to detecting I would ask what pinpointer to buy,
I have seen the garret Carrot but am wondering is their a more cost effective pointer out their.
Has anyone got any views on the Dr Otek pinpoint, says it's water tight to 6 meters or so.
Can anyone please advise of its use or advise what I should buy.
I have a cs 4psl for the beach and a Fisher 1225 for land, help on the pinpointer would get me started
Thanks to all
Ron, flintshire.

Oxgirl36

Re: Advice on the Otek pinpointer and others

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi Ron and welcome ::g I’ve moved your topic into the pinpointer section. There are loads of reviews of pinpointers on here.

My advice would be to get one that is waterproof ideally as they are easier to wash and you don’t have to worry about dropping it into a puddle. There are loads of new ones on the market this year so you might be better to go searching and narrow down your needs and wants then come back and let us know what matters to you and your budget. Or mooch in this section and see what you find ::g

You can get a pinpointer for £30-40 which will work fine. Top of the range are £120 ish. Some are wireless and can link directly to your headphones. Others have lithium batteries built in.
XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 12 :D

ron1#

Re: Advice on the Otek pinpointer and others

Post by ron1# » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I will skim the pinpointers in the forum for a start
Best regards
Ron

Return to “Metal Detecting Pinpointers”