ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Which pinpointer to buy?

Please post all topics related to metal detecting pinpointers, probes here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Pinpointers
Mugwamp

Post by Mugwamp »

I've been using the Teknetics Tek-Point for the last 5 months without any issues. It's a robust piece of kit, waterproof to 6 feet and has a range of options for changing frequency, sensitivity and mode ie audio, vibrate or both together. Also has a powerful LED light when hole very deep or dark setting in. Uses 2 x AA batteries and after 5 months of out 2 days a week I'm still on original batteries! Method of detection is pulse induction which is fine in saltwater and mineralised areas as well as your normal fields. Worth reading the instruction manual and practising changing frequency before you hit the field as can be confusing first couple of times. I'm well pleased with my purchase and see no reason to change. :D

Pete E

Post by Pete E »

Mugwamp wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:02 am
I've been using the Teknetics Tek-Point for the last 5 months without any issues. It's a robust piece of kit, waterproof to 6 feet and has a range of options for changing frequency, sensitivity and mode ie audio, vibrate or both together. Also has a powerful LED light when hole very deep or dark setting in. Uses 2 x AA batteries and after 5 months of out 2 days a week I'm still on original batteries! Method of detection is pulse induction which is fine in saltwater and mineralised areas as well as your normal fields. Worth reading the instruction manual and practising changing frequency before you hit the field as can be confusing first couple of times. I'm well pleased with my purchase and see no reason to change. :D
As I understand, this is the same pinpoint as the Fisher PI model? If you've used other pinpointers, I would be interested to hear how it compares in terms or range?
Equinox 800
Whites TRX Pinpointer
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Return to “Metal Detecting Pinpointers”