USB microscope stand

Please feel free to post topics about all other metal detecting accessories here.
MDF Auction - Other Metal Detecting Accessories
WVAM

USB microscope stand

Post by WVAM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Following on from the gift of the USB microscope thread the stands, or lack of, are often a problem.
I'm not recommending this one but keep your eyes open for laboratory stands with clamp as these can hold just about anything (if you are gentle). You'll need the stand, clamp and boss. The link is just an example where you would dump the flask base (round hook thingy) and use the rest of it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Mini-Retort-St ... 2157261887

should have said the only difficulty you'll have is no rack and pinion for up and down focussing but if the focus is on the camera you should be able to make it work.
Last edited by WVAM on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beaubrummell

Re: USB microscope stand

Post by beaubrummell » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Mocked up my own stand from half an old table lamp and a magnifying glass :D

DSC00889_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

Dangerous Norman

Re: USB microscope stand

Post by Dangerous Norman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:57 pm

I got a microscope camera and as said in another thread the stands is worse than useless. After a couple of attempts to firm it up I gave up, cut the camera clamp off and glued it to the camera. This was then mounted to the sliding part of an Arca Swiss camera mount (use these on my cameras, tripods etc) with the clamp mounted to a block of sandstone, I can slide the camera up or down for coarse focus the fine focus with the camera focus wheel.

The result is that the camera can be fitted to any of my assorted tripods & stands or used hand held in seconds. Using maximum zoom I can zoon in on the smallest item, focus stack an object with depth or stitch numerous highly magnified images in to one large image with no movement between shots.
0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other accessories”