The Easy Swing - Metal Detecting Harness Bungee

Please feel free to post topics about all other metal detecting accessories here.
MDF Auction - Other Metal Detecting Accessories
mrix
Founder

The Easy Swing - Metal Detecting Harness Bungee

Post by mrix » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Hello all, I got chatting with a guy who explained about a New style metal detector harness on the market called The Easy Swing, he was so impressed with his that he decided to start selling them himself, I explained that we have an auction site here where he could list them, I finally met up with him on Saturday and tried one out. Light weight, simple to wear and works very well ::g
For me its going to be a little like the pro-pointer! you never want to leave home without it ::g

If anyone is interested the listing is here - The Easy Swing

Thanks all
mrix

fabio961

Re: FOR SALE - The Easy Swing

Post by fabio961 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 pm

have bought one of these today from the auction site here, once it arrives and the weather permits I will go out and give it a try. Then I will post a review on here for you all.

I had one of the other, regular, harnesses but found the Minelab used to swing a lot and belt me in the knees, nads etc. :-O

mrix
Founder

Re: The Easy Swing

Post by mrix » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Update - just a heads up to say, some people have ordered this device have explained the harness is a little long and others stating its a little short, basically it is a little hidden but there is more adjustment just under the padding ;)
Just move the padding up or down to expose the additional adjustment if required ::g
Cheers all
mrix

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Re: The Detecting Buddy

Post by liamnolan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks for the video mrix, looks really simple and effective. My Deus is a very light machine anyway, but I am after another GMP as a back up and I may invest in the harness then as although the GMP is not heavy, with the larger coil over 4 hrs it would be tiring, Liam ::g :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Liam, I was using this device at the beach with the Deus just to keep it off the wet sand ::g
Worked a treat! well if your a beach hunter that is :)
I find myself wearing it all the time now regardless of what machine I am using.
To me its a little like the pro-pointer, you don't want to leave home without it! ::g
Cheers
mrix

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Just a little nudge to tell people that the price of our bungees and Batteries in the shop and auction on this forum will be going up late Sunday night as the special Introductory offers are finishing. We have some of the detecting shops now starting to sell these items over the counter so obviously we have to be seen to be offering the same prices as they will be. If your orders arrive any time sunday evening we will honour them at the lower price.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Will this "Bungee" be suitable for the e trac?

barryny

Post by barryny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:14 pm

ABSOLUTELY - works the charm with the E-Trac.
Originally created for the heavy Minelabs..especially the E-Trac.

And works on every machine and for either righty or lefty without any adjustments necessary...

FUBAR wrote:
> Will this "Bungee" be suitable for the e trac?

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 am

[quote]ABSOLUTELY works the charm with the E-Trac. Originally created for the heavy Minelabs.especially the E-Trac. And works on every machine and for either righty or lefty without any adjustments necessary[/quote]

Thanks for that matey will probably purchase

trappa

Post by trappa » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Ive just "bought" the the easy swing but waiting now to pay. Not sure if im supposed to do anything else.
XP Deus
Sovereign GT
[url=www.exopest.co.uk]

trappa

Post by trappa » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks for the help Mrix appreciated. Ive been wanting one of these for a good bit now but after spending 6 hours on the beach today swinging my etrac my arms were killing and decided I needed one asap .
XP Deus
Sovereign GT
[url=www.exopest.co.uk]

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Your in for a real treat ::g
Please post back when you have had to try it out good or bad just some honest feedback would be great ::g
Thanks
mrix

Graham.

Post by Graham. » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Looks to be a great bit of kit :)

Tekka

Post by Tekka » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm completely wireless with my etrac so still being attached while bent down annoys me. The detector gets in the way. Un clipping solves the problem but leads to another in the fact the harness then falls off. Apart from that it works a treat with the 15" sef colil fitted.
Etrac & Garrett pro pointer

Smithfire

Post by Smithfire » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Used mine for the 1st time today, 1st class product... made the Explorer and 13" coil completley weightless!.

No more arm ache for me!

Clive

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Huge thanks for the feedback at last ::g
I am surprised more of these have not been purchased :-/
The Easy Swing it not only for the elderly, weak or infirm, anyone can benefit from them ::g why get tired / fatigue swinging a heavy metal detector around for hours when you can get this great light weight and easy to use device for about £20 :)
When something a little special comes along which I personally believe in, I just have to shout about it :)) :)) :))
Its a little bit like when I fist purchased my pro-pointer! :) B-)
Thanks
mrix
p.s anyone interested in this fantastic device you can Purchase one here - The Easy Swing

STIG

Post by STIG » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 am

Even though this harness looks to be the business for detectorists who have heavy machines, and the padding looks to be so comfortable to wear also, i just could'nt help but notice that when Mrix kneeled down in the video the harness looked as if it was going to slip off the shoulder towards the back of him if he had reached out his arm underneath the harness to maybe dig or probe around !, this looks to be due to wearing it just over the one shoulder and around the back of the neck !.

I use a Minelab and it can be a pain due to many hours of use, i made a harness for mine which is not much different from the one Mrix is using ( apart from all that comfy looking padding ), but instead of slinging it over one shoulder then around the back of the neck and over the other shoulder ( which i think looks awkward ), i wear mine around my neck and under my swinging arm so that when i have to bend and dig or probe it just suspends and keeps from trailing the ground ( especially mud ).

This is only my opinion, but i would like to add that if the harness that Mrix is demonstrating can be adjusted to be worn around the neck and under the swinging arm then i would probably purchase one myself because the webbing and padding look to be very professionally put together and comfy. like i said, this is only an opinion

Tekka

Post by Tekka » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:47 am

Don't get me wrong, I think the design is fantastic and it actually does work. Just when bending down it gets in the way. I only used it on top of my jacket so once un clipped and kneeling it does fall off. Any chance of a video showing the style you use? It could be of some use to others sitting on the fence.
Etrac & Garrett pro pointer

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:08 am

i just could'nt help but notice that when Mrix kneeled down in the video the harness looked as if it was going to slip off the shoulder
Hi Geeza, all feedback greatly appreciated ::g having looked back through the video it does not appear to me personally the the buddy was going to fall off, :-/ if anyone else thinks the same fair enough but I can assure you at the time of filming and using it more recently it only seemed secure as the weight of the machine keeps it in place, even if at one point it did happen to slip off while crouched down just slip it back on, simples ::g, its not happened to me but I guess its possible. The main benefit for me personally is when your actually swinging that machine and relieving those aching arms :) B-) But saying that I have used it on the beach with the Deus which as you know is very light machine and that was just to keep it off the salty wet sand.
I think most who have purchased the buddy have been happy, having used it, its something I will no longer leave home without ::g
Thanks
mrix

STIG

The Easy Swing

Post by STIG » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 am

Hi Mrix, you are right, what I meant to say was that it looked as if the main strap over the arm looks as if it could maybe slip down the arm if the detector was slung behind you while kneeling to either dig or probe for a find !. I have actually seen a very similar method to yours ( but nowhere near as good quality ) for sale where there is also a strap that fastens across the chest which prevents that sort of thing from happening. Like I said, personally I prefer to wear mine around my neck which feels comfy for me, and if the one that you are demonstrating can be adjusted to do so then in my view it's one belter of a harness due to the quality for me. It's only down to preference I suppose !. ;-)

mrix
Founder

The Easy Swing

Post by mrix » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:47 am

It's only down to preference I suppose !. ;-)
Yes I agree sure thing! ::g
Thanks
mrix

trappa

The Easy Swing

Post by trappa » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Just came in from work and my detecting buddy here already! Had a little play and like someone said in an earlier post, its going to be like the pointer, you wont lave home without it.
Very well made and makes the etrac virtually weightless! I will reserve proper judgement until im out in the field but im pretty sure i already know the answer. ::g
XP Deus
Sovereign GT
[url=www.exopest.co.uk]

E-Trac Paul

The Easy Swing

Post by E-Trac Paul » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:28 am

After a longer than normal detecting outing yesterday with the SEF 18x15 my lower back is in half this morning so ordered mine. Great coil but the weight gets you after a while.

mrix
Founder

The Easy Swing

Post by mrix » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Great move E-Trac Paul, I am sure you will not be disappointed ::g
If you are I'll get me coat! :))
Best of luck
mrix

lostandfound
Location: from north to south(portsmouth)but commuting for detecting

The Easy Swing

Post by lostandfound » Fri May 03, 2013 8:33 pm

I like the simplicity of this harness and the fact you can just unclip and chuck it in your pocket.

But i can see unclipping it to mess around with your holes could be a problem ,which is where my home made harness didnt have that SMALL issue,but even after i took mine for a good test and even dispite it being tailor made for me(and adjustable for sizes larger than me)it still rode up my body slightly which il have to fix restraining rings to the left and right side of the harness waist belt and use a clip to fix it to whatever trousers im wearing to stop it riding up.

But other than that it was brilliant and didnt get in my way at all and i even fixed my pointer into it with bungee string so i could draw my pointer at a moments notice then stow it away again.

I could even stand and relieve myself without thinking about placing the detector down:):)
and when i did kneel to inspect a hole/target the coil was right next to me so i could wave soil over it:)

nice and quick harness that though,so well done mate(thumbs up)..
get some advertising patches on it and your away(whites and minelab were really nice with patches and they were very generous and polite..

itsmebob

The Easy Swing

Post by itsmebob » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Its a great bit of kit, used it a few times ,takes the strain away.

davetee

Re: The Easy Swing - Metal Detecting Harness Bungee

Post by davetee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:43 am

Just bought one and used it for the first time yesterday. It was a godsend as it was my first time out...my arm was dropping off so I put the harness on and it made a huge difference. Will be using it all the time from now on [:)

Resurgam

Post by Resurgam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Sounds like a great bit of kit and having recently upgraded to a MineLab Safari, from my EuroAce, I could do with a little something to assist with the extra weight! ::g
Garrett ProPointer + MineLab Safari + Quest Q40, and loads of determination.

norfolkbill

Post by norfolkbill » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Bought the mk2 about 3 weeks ago ,both bungees have come apart someone tried to whip them with thread not made a very good job of them ,looking at whipping and super glueing to try to hold it together .

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:31 pm

I use the 'replacement' bungies on my home-made full harness with out any drama's over a 2 year period. They were also purchased from the MDF Auction Site ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “Other accessories”