minelab pro sonic wireless audio system

Please feel free to post topics about all other metal detecting accessories here.
MDF Auction - Other Metal Detecting Accessories
pistolpete

minelab pro sonic wireless audio system

Post by pistolpete » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Iv bought one of these systems to use with a couple of machines as I'm not a great fan of leads trailing around when I'm detecting. The pairing of the two units seemed straight forward, but when I plugged it into my fisher f75 limited edition, using gog headphones, no joy, so I switched everything off repaired again, same result. So I tried different headphones, still no joy, but I found quiet by accident that if I pulled the adapter plug out about half way the thing would work. The other machine I wanted it for was the golden mask 5+,which has its own cordless system but the headphones are sadly lacking and my gog headphones give a lot better audio, result! You guessed it! Didn't work, ;;z , but if I pulled the plug out half way it started to work, trouble is its not going to stop there as it's not a proper connection. Minelab stated on the box that this item is compatible with most makes of machines, but it would seem iv two types that it isn't compatible with . question, has anybody else had this problem, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

sweepstick47

Re: minelab pro sonic wireless audio system

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:08 pm

If it's claimed to be compatible with 'most' makes, you have a right to expect that to be the case. I would direct your concerns to the retailer and copy it to Minelab direct. Good Luck. Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

pistolpete

Post by pistolpete » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:23 pm

My detecting buddy worked it out! It's a mono connection , not a stereo one, hence when it would only work if the plug was halfway in.. not very compatible minelab!.

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 pm

might be worth checking out maplins for an adapter or these https://www.c2g.com/uk/category/adapter ... o_adapters
MINELAB SAFARI & RUTUS ALTER 71 teamed up with DETEKNIX WIRELESS HEADPHONES

Return to “Other accessories”