EasySwing Mk2

Please feel free to post topics about all other metal detecting accessories here.
MDF Auction - Other Metal Detecting Accessories
Bargeman

EasySwing Mk2

Post by Bargeman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Anybody out in MDF world use an EasySwing Mk2, and if you do, what are your thoughts, both positive and negative. -=+:-P

BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

Giz

Re: EasySwing Mk2

Post by Giz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:30 pm

I have a Deus and their megalight, yet I use a harness, my reason I spent like most Deus owners a lot of money on the machine and I mainly use it on arable not pasture. This time of year the land cant get very sticky, when I get a good signal I can move the detector to one side and use two hands on my shovel to dig out the target therefore saving the strain on my arms/back and keeping a clean machine. :D Also I tie a piece of rag to the harness and am able to clean my finds.
CTX 3030, Minelab Pro-Find 25 pro pointer, XP Deus, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche digging tool, plastic sand scoop.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:37 pm

We have sold countless Easy Swing harnesses through the MDF Shop ::g
They are not only to combat weight fatigue caused by swinging a metal detector but are also ideal to keep Your machine off the wet sand or mud while retrieving finds, I have even used one on my Deus at the beach.
They are also very simple to use and wear.
For anyone interested - Easy Swing
mrix

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Lanerider wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:02 pm
if you need one then your detector is too heavy for you
Thanks Lanerider, but this has nothing to do with detector weight per se ::g

Boandtia

Post by Boandtia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Excellent piece of kit, takes the weight off my AT Pro and keeps it off the sand when retrieving my finds. Highly recommended.
HH
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur 11
Garrett AT Pro International
Garrett Sea Hunter MK 2
Garrett Propointer.
Makro Waterproof Pointer.
Flask of coffee / brandy
Plenty of fags
A lot of patience

diggerjo

Post by diggerjo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:36 pm

I use an easy swing mark 2 and find it invaluable,have a T2 and have a mild disability where I easily get fatigued quickly and am sure I couldn't detect for the hours I do without it. Worth every penny in my opinion.Hope this helps you decide.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 pm

So I took the plunge and ordered an Mk2 easy swing, and it arrived today, and I have to say I am impressed, although I have not tried it in anger out on a field yet (tomorrow) I have tried it attached to my heaviest machine, the CTX, and it removes all the weight from your arm and shoulder. And as it now has a quick release clip, it is a simple matter to just unclip and put the detector down ::g

I will be trying it out on the fields tomorrow, so will give a further report then, but so far, a very nice, and useful bit of kit. ::g

Seasons Greetings

Junior

Post by Junior » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Use one on my well balanced be it heavy 3030. Wouldn't b with out it. But....i find it gives me a bit of a neck ache. Buts it's either a neck ache I can live with or a arm ache and stop swinging it. Especially with the big coil. Im 6 ....2 and feel it could b a few inches longer the short elastic clip i ve put around the stem below the control handle and fed it through its self. I suppose I could ty- rap this to same position and that would give more length on the main strap. And yes un clip from machine and it disappears over your shoulder. My mate even uses one on his dues as he has tennis elbow. Worth the 20 odd quid.
Last edited by Junior on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Well I had a chance yesterday to try the easy swing where it matters, out in the fields, and it really is an easy to use great bit of kit ::g but it does have room for improvement in my opinion, nothing major but I do have a couple of observations.

First is just a small inconvenience, if you unclip your detector, to search the hole with your pinpointer, the harness falls from your arm, this was easily overcome by putting the harness inside my jacket, so that the jacket keeps the harness in place, I shall come up with another idea for the summer.
Secondly, and again just my opinion, I don't feel that the detector attachment needs to be elasticated, and I will look into making some non stretch versions for my own use.
But overall I am very happy with it, and I showed it to a couple of friends and they both feel it would enhance their detecting, so will probably buy one themselves.

GrahamS

Post by GrahamS » Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Perhaps its juts me being a short arse, but mine is useless used it for the first time today and even at its shortest length it made using the ctx impossible. Unles im doing it wrong, but i cant recommend it

Phil2401

Post by Phil2401 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Kevin - I got one of these after spending an eventually quite painful (elbow) day with the relatively heavy Makro MultiKruzer KR40 big coil - yes the harness does help - as with all harnesses, it's a basic design principle that transfers the weight of the coil / machine to your shoulders rather than your arm / elbow and it does make life easier, reducing the risk of repetitive strain injury. I agree with all you say - for the price it has to be a good investment.

Phil
Quaerite et invenietis

XP Deus

Junior

Post by Junior » Mon May 07, 2018 6:44 am

GrahamS wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 pm
Perhaps its juts me being a short arse, but mine is useless used it for the first time today and even at its shortest length it made using the ctx impossible. Unles im doing it wrong, but i cant recommend it

I threaded the end clip through it's self below the controller on the main stem which then loses a bit of length so might help your cause and when un clipped from main harness generally stays there........ 95 % of the time I keep my ctx attached unless like yesterday had to dig epic holes on meadow and need to angle spade oddly but most of the time on arable just keep arm in detector.... prob buy another and leave 1 in each vechile as on the odd occasion i forget it , i do get jarred.... bit like forgetting spade (now have 1 in each vechile all the time ) ::g

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Mon May 07, 2018 12:10 pm

GrahamS wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi Graham, as mentioned you just need to shorten the stretchy bungee section of the Easy Swing ::g

mrix

GrahamS

Post by GrahamS » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes it was me being a d*ck :) much better now thanks

Return to “Other accessories”