My finds box layout - Just for fun

Please feel free to post topics about all other metal detecting accessories here.
MDF Auction - Other Metal Detecting Accessories
Dave8472

My finds box layout - Just for fun

Post by Dave8472 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 am

Just sitting here bored, this is how my finds box is set out, on the deeper side there are places for three piles of milled coins up to penny size, bigger ones and bits on the top left compartment. Hammered and small silver in the smaller ones on the left, also got sponge in there to protect them. Other items, a little ruler, pencil and paper. I put the coins in piles to match the GPS positions for when I find them. Organised or OCD x; =)) B-)

mdf.jpg
mdf1.jpg
Show us your boxes ::g

Dave ):=
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Minelab Equinox 800 : 15", 11" Coils
XP Deus V3.2 - WS5 : 9" Coil
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garmin eTrex 20 GPS
Past Detectors : Explorer Se Pro, CTX3030

thefiggis

Re: My finds box layout - Just for fun

Post by thefiggis » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 am

“HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM.”
Death (Hogfather by T Pratchett)
By gor, that's what I call seriously organised. Mine's a mess and I usually end up scrabbling on the patio for bits that have dropped out when I open it.
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

Steve_T

Post by Steve_T » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:59 am

My finds box is an old broken sandwich box, cable ties as hinges, 2 compartments, 1st for find, 2nd for bank money bags that i number with a plant marker and number that I put the find in that tally with my GPS, box fits in the waist bag. Also have a ruler and pen cost £0.00

Sad I know but three's nothing to do, did think about going down to the local hardware shop and find the youngest inexperienced person and ask for some tartan paint just for fun and a left handed screwdriver.

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:03 pm

You are both just so organised! At the moment, my 'finds box' comprises the left hand bottom corner of my pouch for silvers, and right hand bottom corner for coppers. At the end of the session they are all in the centre :( ...........why do I bother?
A disservice is no service at all.

Dave8472

Post by Dave8472 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Nice one, that does the job Steve, I have seen many a mate loose a good find including hammereds by having them loose in the finds bag :-O

Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garmin eTrex 20 GPS

indie

Post by indie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Well that's some inspiration at least
Chris

Minelab Xterra 705
7.5Khz DD, Nel Sharpshooter 18.75Khz, Cors 12"x13" 3Khz - 18.75Khz
Garrett Carrott, Garmin GpsMap 60, Minelab Pro Swing, ada long spade

Dave8472

Post by Dave8472 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:30 pm

There are a couple of different shape ones of the type I have, only a couple of quid from China

Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garmin eTrex 20 GPS

englishkid19

Post by englishkid19 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Having finds separate or at least not allowed to move against each other is a definite must. Many a copper been ruined clunking around in my pocket. Learn from my mistakes
Teknetics T2 & Deteknix wireless
GP pointer (<does the job >)
Follow on instagram... dirt_scanner

f8met

Post by f8met » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:22 am

I use a turtle box for the small finds when I remember where it is and take it with me. It was very useful in keeping the roman coins I was finding in order for the GPS waypoints. Just chucking them in the finds pouch would have mixed them up. Means I can now say with certainty which ones were found where so I could see if there was any correlation in date on the land.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2019 25 Hammered
Hit my 200th hammered!

Bootneck45RM

Post by Bootneck45RM » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Only been detecting for a few months now, but was surprised at the number of post 1971 coinage found on beaches. So - like you all - made a special " finds box" two compartments for silver and copper and another box for pre-1971.
Both boxes filling nicely with a promise by myself to keep all finds and never use them (stupid me).
The better half goes shopping with oldest female offspring !!!
I come home after another bit of beach detecting - open box - box ransacked and all the silver gone!
Turns out no-one had any car park money and decided to help themselves.
What a cheek!!
Have now started to hide box whenever left at home - might even make second box as decoy just in case.
There's a moral in there somewhere - just not sure what it is at the moment. Better half just didn't think it was that bid a deal - "you'll find some more she said - so stop bleating!"
That's female empowerment for you!!
Don't you just have to love them !!
p.s. have now got box with lock.
Len R.
Go not quietly into the dark night - take a torch and a trumpet! - and cause a rucus!

Arch Stanton

Post by Arch Stanton » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:51 am

I like topics like this one - It's good to see how people tackle things in different ways, and I especially like the do-it-yourself approach! Anyway, here's my coin box. Not as fancy-pants as many, but I think it has a certain class look to it...! It's just an old peppermint tin - I'm a sucker for a fancy tin (as long as I'm not digging them up!) with some craft foam stuck inside to stop the rattling. It's not very big, but it's only for coins, jewellery etc. everything else just goes in my bag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've done the 'buckle boogie', the 'musket-ball mambo' and even the 'silver shuffle', but sadly still no 'gold dance'. You're really gonna know it when you see it though!

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:33 am

I carry 2 turtle boxes with me,had them both many years,never find anything anyway so they dont get filled up :)
Nexus MP,Nexus SE,TDI Pro,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Equinox,Deus.

ashjacko

Post by ashjacko » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:42 pm

I like to reuse things of old that have no use anymore so here is mine, it's my late dads camera bag it's so handy with the easy open push catch so just swing it round and put it in! I also have a little Jack Daniels tin in the sectioned off area far right for my good finds.

Return to “Other accessories”