Probe armband

Please feel free to post topics about all other metal detecting accessories here.
MDF Auction - Other Metal Detecting Accessories
Bfg

Re: Probe armband

Post by Bfg » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Might I suggest you try it with a piece of elastic webbing or velcro strip ..before you commit to anything more permanent.

It's all down to personal preferences of course, but I would probably find it really annoying there, always trying to slip down or around my arm. And as I don't like things that either pull my trousers down or otherwise snag as I walk and swing - I wouldn't wear it on a belt either. So if I were to wear it - I'd probably use an across-the-chest style holster strap.

However, I have my own pin-pointer's holster taped to shaft of the spade (at the front, just under the handle) ..which is quite convenient and all together easy to carry in one hand, as I detect with the other. It stays in the holster as I dig but then is at hand when the turf is out. Should I inadvertently leave the device on - then I know about it because it detects the metal of the blade.

And of course being there - it never gets left behind and also doesn't matter whether I'm wearing a heavy winter rain coat or just a T-shirt.

Bfg ::g
P1270221.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

. . . . . . . . . . . . There is more worth in a kindness than in gold. Introduce yourself : old giffer taking fist baby steps in md'g Minelab E-trac

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:34 pm

GARY.R wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:41 pm
Hi , I have just bought the Minelab 35 probe and this comes with a holder. I would like to find a way of having the holder around my upper arm , any help would be fantastic.
Hello 'GARY.R' ::g There's a potential downside (no pun intended) to your intended positioning. If you find a means of placing the 'holder' on your upper arm, (I'll chance that you're right handed') it would presumably be located with the 'business end' pointing upwards allowing ready access by your right hand. The handle end contains all the necessary electronic wizardry, together with the battery which means it's going to be 'bottom heavy'.
I may be wrong but there is a real chance that testing Newtons Law in this manner would soon result in loss :-O

To be a little more serious about the subject :D , my own practical solution to your requirement would be to locate the holder on the left side of your waist-belt making it easily accessible for the right hand. In my case, I've attached a 30" length of soft cord (draw-string' from a jacket) to a ring attached to the battery cover of the pointer and attached the other end to a ring on the right side of my waist-belt. Job done.::g

Just a point, the cord/lanyard needs to be of a soft very pliable nature to prevent it becoming snagged on obstructions. Hope this at least provides 'food for thought'.
All the best and Good Luck. Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:46 pm

99p key bungee. Tape to probe. Attach clip end to belt, nipple ring or other body parts....never lose your probe. =))

JBM

Post by JBM » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Perhaps one of these might help ;) Jerry.

OK I will get my coat on the way out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:14 pm

::g

Return to “Other accessories”