Garret ace 400i

Please post all your personal metal detector reviews here.
mrcheeky

Garret ace 400i

Post by mrcheeky » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:56 pm

hi all Noobie here from south London been looking to get a half decent detector for myself so after scouring a few places online made a decision to go for the garret ace 400i. ill be picking it up satuerday and do some detecting on sun . Im like a lil boy excited with santa coming i cant wait.i had an ace 250 3 yrs ago but stopped detecting for no reason.and since ive come on this site n you tube he bugs come back . anyway im naggging .if i get anything ill keep yer posted.good luck everyone

thefiggis

Re: garret ace 400i

Post by thefiggis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 am

What ho.

The 400i was also my choice and one I've not regretted. It's simple to use and at 10mhz the standard 11" DD coil punches quite deep. A great starter machine and I'm sure you'll be successful with it.

Good luck.
John

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:31 am

They've not been out long so there won't be many on the forum who've tried this model is suspect. it's a Garrett though so you can't go far wrong as they are well made, reliable and do the job. Good luck and look forward to seeing the fruits of your first detecting session ::g
XP Deus
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

mrcheeky

Post by mrcheeky » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you so much ill be ordering it online tommrow from regtons http://regton.com/garrett-ace-400i-metal-detector.html i think there a pretty reputable place to order from . i think ive seen em on here to

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Mention MDF and you should get a discount. Think Crawford (who sponsor this forum) offer one too. Good luck ::g
XP Deus
Not everything is as young as it looks ;)

mrcheeky

Post by mrcheeky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:59 pm

hiya all thank you got me ace 400i coming in the morning so ill be out haveing a lil mouch around .ill let you know if anything goood pops u p thanks all ..dulwich south london if anyones local n fancys a beer n a wonder :) btw ty hun ..got it from regton guys are awsome there

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Good luck with the 400i, I have one and enjoy using it. I added a Nel Tornado to it but a mate has one and he got the Nel Hunter. He says it's a fantastic coil for the 400i. He's had loads of detectors over the years, and he's impressed with the 400i.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Just a heads up that our very own MDF Shop does a reasonable deal on the Garrett ACE 400i that comes with extras and Free UK delivery ::g Direct link here - Garrett ACE 400i

dreadnought

Post by dreadnought » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:57 pm

I went from an ace 150. excellent. to a makro racer, and quite frankly didn't get on with it. and have since bought a 400i, and i cant recommend it enough. i wont be buying anything else in a hurry. very good with decent features and excellent pedigree. the chap i bought it from even said that it found a hammered on ground where the dues had been immediately before. (cue the deus owners :)) ). it has since found a few bits and pieces, including some coins at good depth. the best thing is the adjustable frequencies, had a lawn tractor nearby and it was playing havoc. but quick adjust and all was quite again.the only downside is no volume control on the machine. i know most headphones have them but sometimes i like to go without and this thing can be heard in the next village, lol.
everyone says "good starter machine" but its SO much more than that.
happy hunting my friend and like every machine, bury stuff in your garden and GET USED TO IT. before you're out swearing in a field. youll hear this a lot and you may think stuff that im off, but it really is very good advice. and it makes the wife stare out the window in pure disbelief.
garret 400i ::g
gp pinpointer, working perfect even after a lot of abuse ::g

thefiggis

Re: Garret ace 400i

Post by thefiggis » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Have to agree with Dreadnought regarding the bird-startling volume, but I get around that with some gaffer tape over the speaker when not using headphones.

It's a highly versatile machine and will tell you about targets both deep, tiny, and sometimes a combination of the two.

Do let us know how you get on with it.
John

Return to “Detector Reviews”