Minelab E-Trac Review

Please post your personal metal detecting review here for the Minlabe brand of metal detectors.
FUBAR

Minelab E-Trac Review

Post by FUBAR » Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 pm

I started detecting in August last year with an ACE250,some say this is a good "Starter" machine. Me personaly disagree with the term starter its a great machine. In December 2010 I bought the E Trac as I had read many positive reports on it. I spent about six weeks studying the ins and out of the machine and practiced on my local sports field. Our lass would "plant" objects I would try and find them ie coins, old and new,gold and silver and some trash. In time I could distinguish ,by sound what to dig and what to leave. During March - May I have found 3 Hammered and 1 gold coin and various "bits". As Im not the cleverest of individuals the learning curve was to say the least very steep. Overall a great machine ,I think.

There was once an old and young bull standing at the top of the field. The young bull spotted a herd of cows at the bottom of field and said to the old bull" lets RUN down there and have a couple of them cows ". The old bull thought for a moment and said. "Nay lad lets WALK down there and have all of them". Bet that old bull would have done well with an E Trac.

Return to “Minelab Metal Detector Reviews”