Vallon vmh3cs ex mine detector

Please post your personal metal detecting review here for the all other brands of metal detectors.
Barbossa76

Re: Vallon vmh3cs ex mine detector

Post by Barbossa76 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:21 pm

And tension realse on coil joint should be the black plastic screw looks like it needs a kind of key to turn it, both mine have bit of tension on fold the coil back and forth they are supposed to i would say

jarrett

Post by jarrett » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:52 pm

A small amount of tension of course but this is that tight that when you hold the shaft and fold the coil back the coil actually bends, you should have an O ring in the shaft where the female socket is and the shaft with the coil connects, i will pick one up at work from a Co that do compressor spares in fact he will probably give me a few as they are coppers each.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Sounds like a plan mine were both ok, i over tightnened the cam lock on one of mine so its permanantley on now but it still goes in the rucksack that came with it with the coil sticking out top,
I didnt make the same mistake with the other one!

type91

Post by type91 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:27 am

I use a Vallon, after a while you get used to the sound of the machine to tell you if found anything non iron, so a discriminator is not really needed.
You can send your machine away for servicing in Germany and buy spares I think the service is around 60 euros, they say that the servicing is excellent. So it's not like you have bought a machine where the doors are closed in your face because the company only deals with the military and the company is jobsworth. People who have dealt with them find they are very friendly and accommodating. Nice to know that there is back up if something goes wrong with the machine or if you want it checked out.

Return to “Other Brand Reviews”