Garrett Euro Ace identification display

Only topics related to the Garrett Euro ace metal detector here.
Euro Detector

Garrett Euro Ace identification display

Post by Euro Detector » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Although I have been using the Euro Ace for almost a year now, it still confuses me sometimes. Sometimes when I get a signal, the identification meter bounces back and forth literally from 1 (thick iron) to 10 (highly conductive metals, such as lead and silver). It sometimes even bounces to 5 in between. The signal doesn't change when I turn clockwise and swipe over it again. Mostly, not always, when I dig the item, it's still old iron.

What is causing this and how do you normally judge if it is a diggable signal or not?

Also, I understand there is a difference not only in the tone level (3 tones, low, medium and high), but also the 'double bell'. What does the double bell mean, normally these should signal good items, correct? When does the machine give the double bell, in which circumstances? And when does it not give the double bell?

How do you normally predict the size and shape of the item in the ground before you have dug it, just by hearing the bell? I've found that short, flat and consistent tones are mostly small, round items such as coins. Does that sound familiar?

Any info is welcome. ::g

Euro Detector
XP Deus 3.2 with control unit, 11" coil, WS4 + XP MI-6 pinpointer
Metal detecting is like time travelling.

muckyluck

Re: Garrett Euro Ace identification display

Post by muckyluck » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 pm

I had a Euro and it did me very well. The signal you're describing is deep iron. If the signal jumps up and down the scale it will be iron. Dig any signal that doesn't jump between more than 3 discrimination segments. The flat middle tone is for thin metal like foil. Always dig it, but first check with your pointer it's not on the surface.
Best I can explain right now. But the Euro is a good machine, well capable of finding hammered coins etc.
Keep at it. It's putting in the time that gets results.. and trusting your machine.
Good luck. ::g

Euro Detector

Post by Euro Detector » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:41 am

muckyluck wrote:I had a Euro and it did me very well. The signal you're describing is deep iron. If the signal jumps up and down the scale it will be iron. Dig any signal that doesn't jump between more than 3 discrimination segments. The flat middle tone is for thin metal like foil. Always dig it, but first check with your pointer it's not on the surface.
Best I can explain right now. But the Euro is a good machine, well capable of finding hammered coins etc.
Keep at it. It's putting in the time that gets results.. and trusting your machine.
Good luck. ::g
Many thanks for your advice, I will take them to heart. ::g
Euro Detector

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:02 am

I dont own a Euro Ace and never used one either,but when anyone is having operating problems of a detector it may be wise to add additional information like what settings you are using and also are you using the stock coil or maybe say a aftermarket coil.

Some times if a machine does not run right or erratic it could be that the settings are just set way too high,not saying this is the case here but could be something as simple as that.

Hope you get the problem resolved quickly.
The difference between perception and reality can be vast indeed.
www.hideones.info Free proxy server
Proxy Server
Free Proxy Server

Euro Detector

Post by Euro Detector » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 am

Mega B wrote:I dont own a Euro Ace and never used one either,but when anyone is having operating problems of a detector it may be wise to add additional information like what settings you are using and also are you using the stock coil or maybe say a aftermarket coil.

Some times if a machine does not run right or erratic it could be that the settings are just set way too high,not saying this is the case here but could be something as simple as that.

Hope you get the problem resolved quickly.
Right, in this case I use the stock coil and the settings vary depending on the field I am detecting. Of course, when the signal is bouncing from 1 ferrous to 10 non-ferrous I have zero discrimination. I also tune down the sensitivity just below the maximum so I don't get erratic signals. I believe this is just the way the Euro Ace tells you: 'This is heavy iron, deep in the ground' as 'muckyluck' wrote above. ::g
Euro Detector

K Bannaghan

Post by K Bannaghan » Tue May 31, 2016 7:34 pm

Euro ace 350 you only need to use custom mode with 5 pixels on 6 at the most

SteveE

Post by SteveE » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Only been using the surface for 5 months now and I also struggled to interpret the scale.....until I did the simplest thing.
100 divided by 12 (blocks on scale) = 8.3 per block
IE. Block 1. 0 to 8.3
2. 8.3 to 16.6
3. 16.6 to 24.9 etc etc...
I then used a fine permanent marker to put a line after block 6 (50) and after block 9 (75), helps me to make more sense of it anyway.
Hth.

Return to “Garrett Euro Ace Forum”