Euro V Ace 250 beach detecting

Only topics related to the Garrett Euro ace metal detector here.
DvK

Euro V Ace 250 beach detecting

Post by DvK » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:59 am

Hello All,
When detecting at the beach my Euro ace goes mental on wet sand to the point it just seems a waste of time, having previously owned an Ace 250 I found it to be OK on wet sand with the sensitivity turned down a bit, I understand the Euro operates on a different frequency to the 250 and I'm wondering is it a better frequency better for wet sand?
Not having any permission or being in a club the beach is the main place I can go and I'm now wondering if spending the extra money on a Euro over a 250 was worth it.
If anyone can suggest any settings to tame the Euro on those conditions it would be much appreciated.
Thanks Davey.

Euro Ace owner.

mrix
Founder

Re: Euro V Ace 250 beach detecting

Post by mrix » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:20 am

Hello, here is a topic that maybe of interest / use ::g ..

http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 41&t=17307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DvK

Post by DvK » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:03 pm

thanks for the link mrix ::g
Euro Ace owner.

Koala

Post by Koala » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Going to depend a lot on your beach. Some beaches will work fine-ish others completely useless. Can be quite random. Often you can tell by looking. Nice clean even flat are the areas to start. Some beaches are full of small scrap only a few millimetres which can be a bit trying with a beep and dig detector throw in some false signals and thing can be very frustrating.

Try and find a better bit of beach more weighty items tend not to be in the same area unless recent losses.

Slower sweep speed help to minimise the falsing also raising the coil a couple of inches.

DvK

Post by DvK » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Koala wrote:Going to depend a lot on your beach. Some beaches will work fine-ish others completely useless. Can be quite random. Often you can tell by looking. Nice clean even flat are the areas to start. Some beaches are full of small scrap only a few millimetres which can be a bit trying with a beep and dig detector throw in some false signals and thing can be very frustrating.

Try and find a better bit of beach more weighty items tend not to be in the same area unless recent losses.

Slower sweep speed help to minimise the falsing also raising the coil a couple of inches.
thanks for that Koala ::g
Euro Ace owner.

bobhope

Post by bobhope » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:32 pm

DvK wrote:Hello All,
When detecting at the beach my Euro ace goes mental on wet sand to the point it just seems a waste of time, having previously owned an Ace 250 I found it to be OK on wet sand with the sensitivity turned down a bit, I understand the Euro operates on a different frequency to the 250 and I'm wondering is it a better frequency better for wet sand?
Not having any permission or being in a club the beach is the main place I can go and I'm now wondering if spending the extra money on a Euro over a 250 was worth it.
If anyone can suggest any settings to tame the Euro on those conditions it would be much appreciated.
Thanks Davey.
Hi Davy,

which beaches are you detecting on in the northeast.

bob.
Beach Relic Hunter, located in the Northeast of England.
Minelab CTX3030, Whites dual field PI, Garrett Pro-pointer, JR sand scoop and lots of digging tools.

DvK

Post by DvK » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:32 am

bobhope wrote:
DvK wrote:Hello All,
Thanks Davey.
Hi Davy,

which beaches are you detecting on in the northeast.

bob.
Alreet Bob,
I have been up to Druridge and Alnmouth on the hunt for WW2 stuff after reading they were used for target practice (nothing found) and out and about round Seaton sluce/Blyth basically collecting ring pulls and rubbish, I also headed up the Tyne valley at low tide from Newburn to Wylam with little luck also.
Regards
Davey.
Euro Ace owner.

bobhope

Post by bobhope » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:26 am

I sometimes get that far up in the summer, but usually I am south of Tynemouth, we will meet up one day no doubt.

bob.
Beach Relic Hunter, located in the Northeast of England.
Minelab CTX3030, Whites dual field PI, Garrett Pro-pointer, JR sand scoop and lots of digging tools.

Return to “Garrett Euro Ace Forum”