Disappointed

Only topics related to the Garrett ace 150 metal detector here.
THE MOLE

Re: Disappointed

Post by THE MOLE » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 pm

you should have been with me 2 weeks ago. i was out for 6 hours and apart from the iorn signals i had none at all not even lead and thats usually everywhere, had to keep putting my spade to the coil just to make sure i was on ;;z

neil.

Just using the Force Image

shoveller

Post by shoveller » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Keep going mate, where abouts are you from?

janner53

Post by janner53 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:15 pm

In situations like this a wise old man told me something once that I'd never forget.

.... but as i have forgotten what he said I always wonder in situations like this what it was the old fart said.

Chin up, your turn will come ::g.
Last edited by janner53 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XP Deus 3.2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret Ace 250
I dig, you dig, we dig, he digs, she digs, they dig. ......
...OK, It's not a beautiful poem, but it's very deep.

cord74

Post by cord74 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Your time will come whitestar ::g ::g

Just keep your head down and put in the time ::g

Its hard work sometimes but the rewards can be great ::g ::g

All the best

Dave
ctx3030
Garret PinPointer
Nokta Rs pinpointer

George 1 Gold Guinea
1958 10k Gold ring
9k Gold ring
9k Goldlocket
13 Silver Hammered
7 x Halfcrowns
15 silver shillings
3 Silver spoons
8 Silver rings
5 Roman

rugerrog

Post by rugerrog » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Mate its like most hobbies, you go through good and bad patches and at the start it all seems to be bad patches ,don't look at trash as a bad thing try to get as much "feel" for the signal before you dig it and when you do dig it up and it turns out to be a fray bentos tin ( or a gold stater) learn from your machine.
Every signal tells you something and over time you will become tuned in to what the machine is telling you.

The other thing is you have to pass over an object to find it and sometimes it just aint there !!! :D

Im running a CTX and one of my permissions has loads of lead bits on it trust me you think you dig some rubbish but every now and again a bit turns up interesting, I also dig ring pulls and tin foil, trouble is mine are 10 inches down in clay and pebbles ~x( still makes the heart race though
Keep at it and view the rubbish as training
Good luck
Rog
CTX3030
Minelab Pro Finder
Loads of enthusiasm

stevieB

Post by stevieB » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:59 pm

A week is nowt mate to learn the ins and outs of your machine. Keep at it andf the finds will come, i promise you.

Nomis

Post by Nomis » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm

not much i can add to whats been said to you buddy ....we all dig rubbish the fields are not paved with gold at all . ;) ...but there are finds out there waiting to be found by yourself ..it will take
time to learn the sounds/tones .....if you can bury a few bits in your garden do some test
runs over them to get an idea of what a coin/silver gold sound off at ...make sure your
wearing headphones as your hear odd scratches in the tone to say if good or bad.

also try to find a local club to join ...and even try a rally ...ok rallies are not guaranteed to find
but you get some very good advise and get to see how its done.

keep at it mate
Deus.v3.2 :Garrett euro ace:Vista Smart: Garrett pro-pointer:ss spade:

hauntedqueen

Post by hauntedqueen » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Don't lose heart, it can be frustrating at times, I thought I was never going to find anything decent, I tried a new field and started to get nice stuff, and today I found my first hammy, do don't give up, keep practising and think positive, you're time will come!

Michelle
XP Deus 3.2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Joan Allen Hercules Spade
Evolution Extreme Blade & Camo Sheath

StoneFace

Post by StoneFace » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Whitestar1235 wrote:Had my 150 for almost a week and bit dishartened because I've only found tin cans foil and pie tins. Although I've found a 100 year old horse shoe, an old light bulb and a penny!

Please advise
Whitestar
Hi Bud,
I'm fairly new to the scene and had my Ace 150 for several months.

I'd say the most important thing is location really, if it aint there you aint gonna find it. The 150 has found plenty for me including; silver jewellery, musket balls, lots of modern coins and a handful of older from 1900-1966 plus recently I found a german jetton circa 1600s.... so there's hope for you yet ;-)

I mainly use my detector on Jewellery mode which picks up everything but iron and using sensitivity 3, unless i'm on a public path which i detected recently and sensitivity 2 is perfect as the depth of mud on the path is shallow. Swing speed is important too... not too fast and not too slow so you get more covered ;-)

Find a 'dead cert' area if you can and if you put the time in, the rest will come.

Cheers
Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pin Pointer.

JamieB

Post by JamieB » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 am

A week is NOTHING ... Man up and get out there!!

You won't find anything at home!
Youtube channel: https://youtu.be/WCVc_IFEOho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XP Deus + 13x11" coil
Garrett pro pointer
Hairy Coin Purse

brownfinger

Post by brownfinger » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:14 am

no doubt about it mate, you just got to walk over it. remember, if it was never lost then it can never be found ::g but if it is there and you happen to walk over it, then you will find it ::g
cheers, matt.

Nailman

Post by Nailman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:24 pm

brownfinger wrote:no doubt about it mate, you just got to walk over it. remember, if it was never lost then it can never be found ::g but if it is there and you happen to walk over it, then you will find it ::g
cheers, matt.
Totally agree not every field is covered in coins, percivere I had. 150 cracking little machine
Fisher F75 SE
Xp. Adventis 2
Chefphones CP3
Chefphones Cp2
Evoloution spade
Bad back
Experienced button digger

ifindbuttons

Post by ifindbuttons » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:26 pm

ifindbuttons wrote:Hi I started with the 250 the first time out all I was digging was foil and large iron been detecting for 3 years now and totally hooked If you have some land you can always put a post in the find a buddy section someone will come and help you out with the settings on the 150 and show you the ropes its not all swing and dig there is a lot of field craft as well happy hunting and all the best chin up and keep at it kev ::g ::g ::g ps hope this helps
out today with the 250 given the safari a rest Just to show its not all great finds the best off us dig up s--t add to this lot 20 items of foil or lead this was the crap from today ;;z better finds are in metal detecting finds :D ::g ;)
todays finds 027 (500x374).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tener

Post by tener » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Stick with it mate. I started with a 150, great machine.
XP DEUS
GARRETT PRO POINTER
BLACK ADA RIPER
BLACK ADA INVADER
MINE LAB DIGGING TOOL

benny

Post by benny » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:03 pm

dont be despondant, keep trying and learn to understand the signals, if at first you dont suceed try try again! Benny

Return to “Garrett ACE 150 Forum”