AT Pro full metal mode advice

Only topics related to the Garrett AT Pro metal detector here.
Elbasstardo

AT Pro full metal mode advice

Post by Elbasstardo »

Hey guys

I'm looking at upgrading from the Ace250 which I've had for a year now and I think sticking to Garrett is the way to go to shorten the learning curve!

Budget is an issue but currently the AT Pro is within reach, my query is the lack of all metal mode. Currently I run the ace250 in all metal just notching out nuisance signals, hot rocks mainly on my permissions. I get on well with this set up and like to hear the iron which I know isn't everyone's preference.

How does the lack of all metal mode work with this machine? Is it absolutely no tones for iron or does it let a bit in? Also does this affect depth of detection if its running notched against iron at all times?

Any pros and cons of this machine would be gratefully received, I'm an over researcher when it comes to buying new kit so any info would be great!

Garrett ace 250
Garrett propointer AT

Wardie94

Re: AT Pro full metal mode advice

Post by Wardie94 »

Hi you can notch iron out or shall I say up to about think it’s 40, it does block out a fair bit unless you get a big lump of iron and it will pick it up e.g plough points etc, I bought one for my farther in law and he loves it, good depth on it 👍
100+ Georgian penny’s
37 hammered coins
3 milled
2 roman
1 gold posy ring
Nox 800
At pro + gold
Ace 200i
Market rasen based

Keef the Frog

Post by Keef the Frog »

I recently went from an Ace 250 to an AT Pro Int. on the basis that I loved my first Garrett so stuck with the same marque & I've a strong product loyalty gene :))

The AT Pro's "zero" mode is equivalent to the Ace's "All metal" mode but you can still notch out iron up to 40 on the "Digital target ID" scale.
I run mine Pro zero, no iron notching, full sens where the ground allows & pin pointing is bang on the middle of the coil & great with the Z Link.
It's not the lightest at 1.4kg but I'm no razor shouldered paper pusher :))

Going from the Ace 250 to the AT Pro is a doddle ::g
Rolling about naked in mud will give the wrong impression.

Elbasstardo

Post by Elbasstardo »

Thanks guys, I'm tempted, it's just reading reviews the Pro seems to be dismissed quite a bit over other brands and also over other garrett models, a lack of depth single frequency etc.

I need a detector that is waterproof, going to stand upto rolling around the back of the car possibly being stood on by dogs and works well on rough plough.

The lack of all metal mode was a concern but if its comparable with the aces all metal that sounds good
Garrett ace 250
Garrett propointer AT

Return to “Garrett AT Pro Forum”