CXIII

All other Garrett metal detectors that do not have their own relevant forum please post here.
cornwalldavid

CXIII

Post by cornwalldavid » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Well my new detector arrived safe and sound. I had already downloaded and read the manual so it was easy to set up and get ready for some air tests.and

My advice to anyone is avoid the preset coins mode - it rejects an enormous range of "good stuff" and has a dramatic effect on depth. I have switched off the bell tone and treasure talk, not sure that they add anything for me!

In both the motion and non-motion modes it is capable of phenomenal depths (OK its only an in air test but still impressive) I will post a YouTube clip of these soon. Towards the maximum depth the meter does seem to fail to lock onto an id segment though.

Recovery seems relatively fast with the detector picking up a coin next to a lump of iron.

Only had a chance to test it in the garden once and it is full of targets, broken toy cars etc etc. I managed 5 minutes before it rained. I managed a decimal 1/2p though :))

Going to take it out to the dry sand tomorrow to see how it copes.

So far I am very impressed with this old model detector!

Christoph1945

Re: CXIII

Post by Christoph1945 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Sounds interesting; I am looking forward to seeing your finds from the dry sand. ::g

Return to “Other Garrett Models Forum”