Garret AT pro pointer no sound !

Only topics related to the Garrett Propointer and the New AT Pro-pointer here.
Spooky

Garret AT pro pointer no sound !

Post by Spooky » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi guys just thought i would drop a pointer out ( pardon pun ) to this problem .
My partners AT pro is around 3 to 4 years old and at the last club dig would only vibrate and lost its sound.
No amount of pushing buttons or anything we tried would fix it so we took the cap off and undone the center screw an slid the workings out to investigate.
Theres a buzzer/ transducer on the circuit board as in the first pic which was loose from its base which has two pins soldered to the board.
You can buy these units advertised at around 8 pounds each on a well known auction site and up to 25 pounds each from some companys shipping from America.
After scouring around the internet you can actually buy two of these for just over a fiver from a UK firm though i wont advertise it here as its prob against rules so just PM me if you would like to know or are interested. ::g
These arrived in two days and took around 15 minutes to fit including removing the old one as you have to melt the solder and remove... then solder the new part onto the board.
My partner fitted this herself using my soldering iron but the shes a better solderer than me having worked for an electronics company when she was younger >:P Worked first time and is like new again!
There is a small plus and minus for the pins so you may need a magnifying glass to see clearly but an easy fix for you or anyone you know handy with a soldering iron ::g ={~#
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quid adfers? LXXXIII viverra anulum tizer !

Nox 800
15" coil
CMD Carbon Fibre stem

Bors

Re: Garret AT pro pointer no sound !

Post by Bors » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Very handy tip. ::g probably saved it being binned.

Return to “Garrett Pro Pointer, AT Pro-Pointer Forum”