Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Only topics related to the Garrett Propointer and the New AT Pro-pointer here.
Post Reply
User avatar
oldartefact
Posts: 6701
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Gods own county - numero uno!
Has thanked: 831 times
Been thanked: 664 times

Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by oldartefact » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:45 pm

I have had a few PP's now and without exception they have all suffered from decreased tone with increased age. Straight out of the box the bleeps are pingy and crystal clear, a few months in and the bleeps are just a little less clear, and a year in the tones are definitely muted, this and the last one occasionally go on to vibrate only mode. I am not sure whats happening, but changing the battery seems to have little effect, and I keep the sound holes free of soil and stuff.


Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

User avatar
roamingrob
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:23 am
Location: Derbyshire
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by roamingrob » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Mine are not what they were from new also, I have a Garrett and a Makro. I put it down to mud getting into the speaker x; The Garrett one get a beating each week. better start saving for a new one......
XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

User avatar
Fisher1266X
Posts: 3569
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:08 pm
Location: Sunny Lancashire
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 385 times
Contact:

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by Fisher1266X » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:01 pm

roamingrob wrote: better start saving for a new one......
I wonder how much the new Déus probe will cost? :D
Image XP Déus V4.1

Follow us LIVE on Twitter...... @Britains_PAST ..and check our blogs....
https://www.recoveryofhistory.com/the-past-blog

AndyM
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm
Location: Canvey
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by AndyM » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:24 pm

My guess would be £79.99 including P&P or is that wishful thinking.....

User avatar
fred
Posts: 5406
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1962 times

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by fred » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:46 pm

roamingrob wrote:Mine are not what they were from new also, I have a Garrett and a Makro. I put it down to mud getting into the speaker x; The Garrett one get a beating each week. better start saving for a new one......
I got mine overhauled and they both work fine again.

User avatar
oldartefact
Posts: 6701
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Gods own county - numero uno!
Has thanked: 831 times
Been thanked: 664 times

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by oldartefact » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:03 pm

fred wrote:
roamingrob wrote:Mine are not what they were from new also, I have a Garrett and a Makro. I put it down to mud getting into the speaker x; The Garrett one get a beating each week. better start saving for a new one......
I got mine overhauled and they both work fine again.
Thanks Fred, can you give us more details where and how much please.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

User avatar
fred
Posts: 5406
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1962 times

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by fred » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:43 pm

There's a chap on this site somewhere who does them for about 20 quid. I am on a tablet and can't send the link at the moment. :D

Doug
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:17 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by Doug » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:54 am

fred wrote:There's a chap on this site somewhere who does them for about 20 quid. I am on a tablet and can't send the link at the moment. :D
This the one Fred?


https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/l ... -pp/103381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
fred
Posts: 5406
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1962 times

Re: Silence is definitely not Golden!!!

Post by fred » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Doug wrote:
fred wrote:There's a chap on this site somewhere who does them for about 20 quid. I am on a tablet and can't send the link at the moment. :D
This the one Fred?


https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/l ... -pp/103381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The very same! Cheers. ::g

Post Reply

Return to “Garrett Pro Pointer, AT Pro-Pointer Forum”