going from an X-Terra 705 to the Etrac

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
Trenchie

going from an X-Terra 705 to the Etrac

Post by Trenchie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 pm

I've been regularly using my 705 (my first machine) for about 6 months now and have been happy with it and the things i've found but I'm now looking ahead and am thinking of upgrading to an Etrac. I know they are both Minelab machines but any thoughts on how long it may take to get the hang of the Etrac?

The reason I ask I've booked myself onto a weekend's detecting in about 3 weeks and am thinking to maybe keep and use the 705 for the event and then trade up after.. or should I just go for it now and hope It'll be ok on the day?

holloway

Re: going from an X-Terra 705 to the Etrac

Post by holloway » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm

You are doing exactly what i have done started with 705 and planning to go to an etrac, i found that with all of the feedback on this forum about the etrac it didnt take long to feel i wasnt missing much , but if you have an event coming up why rush ?
My finds increased with the etrac just harvest all of the experience provided on this forum when you are ready you wont regret it .

Trenchie

Post by Trenchie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 pm

holloway wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm
You are doing exactly what i have done started with 705 and planning to go to an etrac, i found that with all of the feedback on this forum about the etrac it didnt take long to feel i wasnt missing much , but if you have an event coming up why rush ?
My finds increased with the etrac just harvest all of the experience provided on this forum when you are ready you wont regret it .
Cheers Holloway, there’s certainly a wealth of experience here to help when I go for it. ::g

I

Swinger

Post by Swinger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi it took me a good 6 months to start to understand the E track then after 2 years of a very successful time using it I changed up to the CTX 3030 the start of another learning curve.

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”