New to the Etrac

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
Indeep

New to the Etrac

Post by Indeep » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi people if there are any left on this forum..Just got myself an etrac..yes everyone seems tobe selling them so I thought now is a good time to upgrade..not being a millionaire and all that. If sold some of my older detectors fisher F1235x and a Teknetics patriot..both good machines in there own right but I thought I would have a go with minelab..the Etrac seems to have had a good following over the years and there seems plenty of info on here for it..lots to learn with this machine and I'm not to sure about running in ferrous or conductivity...someone out there may have some good advice on that..I did try the smooth setting on the audio but couldn't get on with it..seems to make every target massive..I've had a bit of iron trouble as well it seems to like large iron...I Don't..anyway I look forward your advice
Regards
Jim B-)

beep-and-dig

Re: New to the Etrac

Post by beep-and-dig » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Always ran mine in T T F, plenty of info in the blue boxes, on the left hand side of this page.
A very good reliable detector, enjoy it Jim. ::g

beaubrummell

Re: New to the Etrac

Post by beaubrummell » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm a new-ish E-trac user myself. Ther are some fantastic videos on Youtube, especially by a guy called earthmansurfer69. He sweeps over various targets changing from ferrous to conductive and in all metal modes, plus he experiements with the deep and fast settings etc. If you watch all his short E-trac videos you'll get a great idea re the sounds etc. ::g

https://www.youtube.com/user/earthmansurfer69/videos
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”