15" coiltek treasureseeker coil

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
Indeep

15" coiltek treasureseeker coil

Post by Indeep » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi people
I've been using the Etrac for a few weeks and thought I would mention I have a 15" coil.. coiltek Wot coil 2 treasure seeker. Has anyone had experience with using this coil..will I Benifit from using it over the standard coil this early in using the Etrac.yes it's heavy but I do have a bungy line on my machine. Was thinking of getting a Detech 13" ultimate coil..but I have this haven't tried it yet.. I would be grateful of any help.
Regards
Jim [:) [:)

Wigeon

Re: 15" coiltek treasureseeker coil

Post by Wigeon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:36 am

I cant help on the Coiltek but I have owned and used an Ultimate with my E-trac for two years or so.
The Ultimate is lightweight being only marginally heavier than the stock coil.

It is a good coil for covering a little more ground but I have not noticed any other advantage with it. I haven't noticed any greater depth achieved, however it finds small targets like cut halves and quarters and pinpoints as accurately as the stock coil does, once you get used to it.
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Polyspaston

Re: 15" coiltek treasureseeker coil

Post by Polyspaston » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:57 am

Just a suggestion, try using the E-trac for a while longer in standard setting before changing your set up. There is no substitute for really knowing your machine. Speaking as one who must have wasted a fortune on the latest must have.

I used a 15" coiltec on an Xterra 705 and couldn't get on with it. There seemed to be no benefit to the extra size and weight. That is only my opinion, and as you've got one try it out.

I am with Wigeon on the Ultimate coil. It is very manageable on the E-trac, but as he says the main benefit is covering extra ground. You might like to consider going smaller rather than larger. the Nel Sharpshooter coil is a very useful addition on restricted sites.

Good luck with the E-trac.

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”