18" EXCELLERATOR Coil with saggy belly ???

Only for the discussion of the Minelab E-TRAC metal detecting within this forum.
GC-1023

18" EXCELLERATOR Coil with saggy belly ???

Post by GC-1023 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:46 pm

just broughts a 18" excellerator coil for etrac and the main central bar where the stem mounts is curved quite a bit . like a saggy belly . My worry is that coil may be a DD design and that its not meant to be curving . i would imagine if i brushed the ground in centre the whole outer ring would be 12mm off ground . somebody said it might be mono coil design and not matter .
Anyone else got this coil ,and does yours sag in middle ?

Minelab Musketeer ts800 ,13" ultimate ,15 x18 sef

Fisher F75 se dst
Nexus std mk2
Nokta Impact
Golden Mask 4wd
YouTube channel.https://www.youtube.com/user/sftatat

Harry Digger

Re: 18" EXCELLERATOR Coil with saggy belly ???

Post by Harry Digger » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Post a couple of pic's up mate ::g
Roy Everett ‏@RoyEverett 1h
I'm outside Old Trafford and there's a guy burning small effigies of Rooney and selling them to fans. Oh, hang on. It's a baked potato stand.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:21 pm

GC-1023 wrote:just broughts a 18" excellerator coil for etrac and the main central bar where the stem mounts is curved quite a bit . like a saggy belly . My worry is that coil may be a DD design and that its not meant to be curving . i would imagine if i brushed the ground in centre the whole outer ring would be 12mm off ground . somebody said it might be mono coil design and not matter .
Anyone else got this coil ,and does yours sag in middle ?
This doesn't sound right to me GC.... :-/ I have an 18" excellerator coil for my explorer and it's got a flat level bottom not a saggy belly as your describing, you could put a straight edge across the bottom of my coil with no daylight showing on the edges...
XP Deus V4
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:25 am

I have and occasionally use the same 18'' coil on my DFX when running in 3 Khz,it does reasonable depth over say the stock coil but mine is dead flat and not 'saggy' but mainly use it for ground coverage rather than depth.

Also have the same type of coil from Detech which is also 18'' in size but this is a Mono coil that is designed for the GPX range of detector but works extremely well without modifications on my TDI Pro Pulse,but because of the way that a Mono is wound it is far lighter in weight that the Whites DFX version.

I am happy with the Pulse version but not so with the VLF version,if i am honest i doubt that the DFX one will be used again especially since i have 2 Nexus machines that use smaller dia coils but go deeper,only advantage the Detech one have is the fact that they do give you extra ground coverage,the Excellerator coils are 'OKish' but not in the same league as say the SEF coils that they produced.Of course this is just my personal opinion,they can be picked up new very cheap if you just need a large coil for say just checking a site out for a a hoard,they certainly are not your everyday use coil for sure,they are big,heavy clumsy and about the size of a lorry steering wheel.

Return to “Minelab E-TRAC Forum”