Help with Deus HF coil ground balance

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
TheMichaelH

Help with Deus HF coil ground balance

Post by TheMichaelH » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, I have the deus lite with 9” round high frequency coil, I am struggling to ground balance the machine, most forums and videos say just leave it between 88-90 but I find doing this I get a lot of false signals and chatter and it always makes an Iron grunt when lowering the coil to the ground using 29khz +. If I switch to 14khz it is slightly better.

I didn’t know if running a higher frequency means dropping the ground balance to 70-75? Or if this will effect performance.

If anyone who has the hf coil and remote would like to tell me the commonly used ground balance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dig It All.

Easylife

Re: Help with Deus HF coil ground balance

Post by Easylife » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:25 pm

The ground value/mineralisation is just what it is, you cannot change it. It will be the same whichever frequency you are using. Ideally if you can find a completely clean patch of ground in all metal/ no discrimination then use the pumping method to get an accurate ground balance reading. If a bit chattery then increase by a couple of numbers. Running a GB of 90 should be very stable. I have the 9” round HF and just set GB according to the ground value of where I am detecting. Generally I leave it at 85 but sometimes I find the ground value is as low as 68 but still need to set GB to about 80 for stability. I use 28khz, full tones, -6.4 discrimination & 2.5 reactivity. If you are using similar then you will just be hearing everything that is in the ground even though your ground balance is correct, in which case you could increase discrimination to quieten it down if you choose. What settings are you using? Also if machine is not held at waist height until stabilized when switched on that can cause instability.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & Garrett Carrot. %)=

Oxgirl36

Re: Help with Deus HF coil ground balance

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 pm

A similar question from 2 days ago should help viewtopic.php?f=239&t=100322

It is no different for a Hf coil ::g
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”