help and advice for permission around Pershore Worcs area

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
postiepaul49

help and advice for permission around Pershore Worcs area

Post by postiepaul49 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 pm

HI There I'm new to metal detecting could anyone help please . I live in the Pershore (worcs) area and i am looking for advice or any help to get some permission to detect or maybe hooking up with a local detectorist. What is the best way forward. Are there any clubs in this area. I appreciate any help. I did ask my local farmer although he is a nice chap he said NO to my request a while back. It dents your enthusiasm to ask. anyway thanks in advance .Paul (newbie)

Oxgirl36

Re: help and advice for permission around Pershore Worcs area

Post by Oxgirl36 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

You might want to create an additional post in the buddy section if you are hoping to find someone to detect with.
viewforum.php?f=18

And maybe take a look in the permissions section for advice on finding your own land. There’s loads of threads there with great advice.
viewforum.php?f=11

Good luck and hope you love the hobby ::g
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

alloverover

Post by alloverover » Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 pm

postiepaul49 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 pm
HI There I'm new to metal detecting could anyone help please . I live in the Pershore (worcs) area and i am looking for advice or any help to get some permission to detect or maybe hooking up with a local detectorist. What is the best way forward. Are there any clubs in this area. I appreciate any help. I did ask my local farmer although he is a nice chap he said NO to my request a while back. It dents your enthusiasm to ask. anyway thanks in advance .Paul (newbie)
I got permission on a Roman site in Pershore but I was working on the farm which makes all the difference I think, if you have something to offer the landowner in exchange for permission it makes all the difference, I guess by your name you could just threaten to withhold their post unless they let you on ???? :D

postiepaul49

Post by postiepaul49 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Brilliant I'll have a look at the links provided . And yes being a postie I could get to know the farmers maybe . Thanks :))

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Missed that you are a postie. OMG our village postie knows everyone. If he asked for permission from pretty much anyone it would be a resounding yes. A good postie is always worth keeping sweet :D And he’s a thoroughly lovely guy anyway.

You have the perfect opportunity to ask for permission ::g
XP Deus
9 silver hammered coins (1 in 2016; 7 in 2017) - and, at last, 1 in 2018 :D

WorcesterNewbie

Post by WorcesterNewbie » Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi Paul,

I'm from Worcester... maybe we can come up with something?
Jack

...will add something eventually.... ::g

Return to “Introduce yourself here”