to buy a GMP or not?

Only for the discussion of the XP Gold MAXX Power Metal Detector.
Bargeman

Re: to buy a GMP or not?

Post by Bargeman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 pm

The offer still stands to borrow my detector, then you will know if it is right for you ::g

BM [:)

Rutus Alter 71
Equinox 800
CTX 3030
XP Goldmaxx Power

garrettoldboy

Post by garrettoldboy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

hello, keep us posted when you decide on a GMP or ?? detector Andi

Digger Drew

Post by Digger Drew » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:45 pm

the Gmp is great in land not so much on beaches, there is a distinctive sound when you go over a hammered coin and romans can give an almost iron sound usually when badly coroded orr little pieces of the coin, the again lead will also givea distinct sound once you get to know the detector you can pretty much know what metal you are going to dig, smaller coins give a realy sharp short signal and oh my does it like the small stuff, i generally run mine with sensitivity into red , iron threshold between 5 and 10 depending on the site, gb near to marker deopending on site , silencer at 0, iron volume around 12oclock these are my prefered setting but sometimes use silencer at 1
finds/5 roman silver coins tons of roman coins/31 hammered/1 gold george 1st half guineau/lots of milled/many crotal bells,saxon brooch,bronze age axe and various other items

XP Goldmaxx + Goldmaxx power+ permission +time= finds

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:26 pm

I can pick out lead with my GMP, you still get a good tone but it has some vagueness around the edges if that makes any sense? One slight downside is I do dig a bit of coke occasionally as I never run mine in the auto setting, as this can mask good targets in iron.

Digger Drew

Post by Digger Drew » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:22 pm

yes very true with your comment i never run in auto as can mask out alot especially deeper targets that are small and also i only seem to get coke on the surface unless its a stonking big piece ,
finds/5 roman silver coins tons of roman coins/31 hammered/1 gold george 1st half guineau/lots of milled/many crotal bells,saxon brooch,bronze age axe and various other items

Wigeon

Post by Wigeon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:37 pm

I would encourage the OP to have a go with the GMP. It is very early days for me, with only two outings with mine so far.

For what it is worth, I am not having any significant problems with understanding the signals. Dug more or less everything for a start though. Pinpointing is a dream too.

I have deliberately dug some iron to confirm some 'mixed' signals and am rapidly learning to be careful with that type of signal, as there seems to be lots of nuances.

I dug six pieces of coke this morning but after number three, I was pretty sure that it was coke.

I read and listened to a lot of advice from our members on here and also Norfolk Wolf on YouTube, before buying, so had a pretty good idea of the machine before turning 'tyre kicking' into buying mode. :D
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

Digger Drew

Post by Digger Drew » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:32 pm

certainly is very good for pinpointing i always find it a few inches from the back of coil going into the middle , very rarely get it to one side, there was quite a difference between the old goldmaxx and the gmp both have there advantages, but for me i love having a comfortable hold so deus stem and wireless headphones, never had a problem with either of mine the only thing i dont like is the little screw bolts that hold battery cover on as very easy to drop and not always easy to get undone if you have a dodgy hand or when its realy cold

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Digger Drew wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:32 pm
certainly is very good for pinpointing i always find it a few inches from the back of coil going into the middle , very rarely get it to one side, there was quite a difference between the old goldmaxx and the gmp both have there advantages, but for me i love having a comfortable hold so deus stem and wireless headphones, never had a problem with either of mine the only thing i dont like is the little screw bolts that hold battery cover on as very easy to drop and not always easy to get undone if you have a dodgy hand or when its realy cold

see here... viewtopic.php?f=242&t=91738

::g

BM [:)
Rutus Alter 71
Equinox 800
CTX 3030
XP Goldmaxx Power

Return to “XP Gold MAXX Power Forum”