First day out with the Nox

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Mac91

First day out with the Nox

Post by Mac91 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 am

So recently I jumped on the Nox bandwagon after buying a second hand 800. Having tried one at a rally the weight of it alone compared to the CTX almost had me won over, so when one appeared at a good price I couldn't refuse.

Have to say I'm chuffed to bits with it, I was impressed with the depth it was pulling out small targets and even managed a hammy on my first trip with it! A Lizzie sixpence bent almost in half, which also gave me my fist chance to attempt to straighten a hammy. I was a bit dubious to start with seeing as I haven't found an awful amount of hammered to risk breaking one, but as the coin seemed sound enough I thought I'd give it a try. Also bagged a Russian 15 kopeks which was an unexpected turn up.

If it keeps it up it might even sideline the CTX for me completely!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Easylife

Re: First day out with the Nox

Post by Easylife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:23 am

Mac91 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:22 am
So recently I jumped on the Nox bandwagon after buying a second hand 800. Having tried one at a rally the weight of it alone compared to the CTX almost had me won over, so when one appeared at a good price I couldn't refuse.

Have to say I'm chuffed to bits with it, I was impressed with the depth it was pulling out small targets and even managed a hammy on my first trip with it! A Lizzie sixpence bent almost in half, which also gave me my fist chance to attempt to straighten a hammy. I was a bit dubious to start with seeing as I haven't found an awful amount of hammered to risk breaking one, but as the coin seemed sound enough I thought I'd give it a try. Also bagged a Russian 15 kopeks which was an unexpected turn up.

If it keeps it up it might even sideline the CTX for me completely!
Great luck on finding the hammered. ::g
Last edited by Easylife on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
Deus V4.1, 11" coil, 9" HF coil & MI-6.
White's TDI SL

Lowland

Post by Lowland » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:00 am

Encouraging start
Looking forward to seeing more finds and hearing your thoughts on your new best friend ::g
Rattly GMP- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................bliss.........................

fred

Post by fred » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:34 am

Glad that you like it. Very encouraging results. ::g You do have a head start coming from a CTX. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Luke Grey

Post by Luke Grey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 pm

I just love the Nox. Does everything I could ask of it.

Must say though, Fred set it up (thanks again Fred) I’m finding the smallest of things deep. It’s down to me now to learn the tones and numbers. Experience I know.

Since Fred set the Nox up and gave me massively great advice, I’ve been finding a lot more that I ever did with the more expensive Excalibur 2.

Good hunting.

fred

Post by fred » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Luke Grey wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Must say though, Fred set it up (thanks again Fred) I’m finding the smallest of things deep. It’s down to me now to learn the tones and numbers. Experience I know.

Since Fred set the Nox up and gave me massively great advice, I’ve been finding a lot more that I ever did with the more expensive Excalibur 2.

Good hunting.

And the bugger finds more than me! :D
Equinox 800 x2

Luke Grey

Post by Luke Grey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm

fred wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 pm
Luke Grey wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Good hunting.

And the bugger finds more than me! :D
Fred, I’d happily give you the coins and crap I found today for the musket ball you showed me earlier.

I Might find things, but you find quality stuff !!

Mac91

Post by Mac91 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am

Thanks all

I haven't even got round to tweaking the settings yet, just looking at a few videos tonight before I try and get a few hours with it tomorrow. I was using the settings put on by the previous owner who assured me they were good (no idea exactly what they are), but they seem to be doing the trick for me anyway!

stupot

Post by stupot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

You are on the way mate, well done!

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”