Questpro target

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
Djpart

Questpro target

Post by Djpart » Tue May 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi everyone , is there an ID chart for the questpro. I've googled it and sure I found something on the past but can't find it anymore.
Thanks

Damian

sweepstick47

Re: Questpro target

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 am

Not sure quite what your asking for. Are you looking for a list of conductive targets that equate to specific numbers on your Target Identification Display/Meter? Or a list of metals arranged progressively according to their respective conductive properties - I know that Garrett has produced a table of the latter but I expect it equates specifically to the TID numbers on their models.

You will find that the majority of detectorists credit TID meters with little if any reliability, preferring instead to attune their ears to the audio response produced in order to form an idea of the item to be dug. This is by far the most effective method of target 'probability'. Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Djpart

Post by Djpart » Wed May 08, 2019 10:52 am

Yeah I know a few, like musket balls come up as 79, gold 80 to 81 but also 48 does it depend on the soil types depth etc as to how it takes a reading.
Thanks Damian

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:47 am

Readings for gold (not that I've found much to prove the point) will as with other metals , be affected by the gold quality (carat), size, depth and to some degree, the effects of other neighbouring targets in close proximity. There's never going to be a single number that determines a gold find and that's why it's best to trust your ears to determine probabilities. Good Luck ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

Bors

Post by Bors » Wed May 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Djpart wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:52 am
Yeah I know a few, like musket balls come up as 79, gold 80 to 81 but also 48 does it depend on the soil types depth etc as to how it takes a reading.
Thanks Damian
I`ve never been a lover of target evaluation charts, simply because they can be that variable and so many of them, you`d have to have a damn good memory to remember them all. :-/

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”