ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Hello all

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Longshanks

Hello all

Post by Longshanks »

Hi, thanks for letting me join the forum. Have been following for a while and there is so much good advice and information sharing on here. Returned to detecting after a gap of about 35 years when I was a spotty kid with an old BFO machine at the local park and still have the finds in a box - best one being a 1921 florin.

Have been using the Garrett 300i since last year and what a perfect machine for learning the ropes again and then some. My one permission is a field lying fallow and have found everything from romans to lots of decimals, with two silver hammered to make it really interesting. Not sure how all the decimals are there as it's been nothing but a cornfield for forty years at least. Lots of foil pie tins as well so tells a story about tractor drivers eating habits !

Just upgraded to a Nox, so starting again on the field to see what turns up and loving it. Good luck out there. ::g

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”