ALERT The MDF has a monthly Prune of all Members that have Zero Posts to their Accounts to Free up Resources. However Just 1 Single Post will keep your account open indefinitely.

Makro Racer 2 for beach?

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
Beercan

Makro Racer 2 for beach?

Post by Beercan »

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first machine and started with a budget of £150-£200 then good old budget creep set in and I ended up at £400-£500!

Due to where I live (Exeter) most of my detecting will be at the various local beaches, on the estuary or in the river at low tide. So I started to look at the Makro Racer 2...

I've been watching all the YouTube beach tests of various machines up to this price range and concluded that the Racer 2 performs well out of the box and is simple to configure for use in wet sand.

As such I think I am about to take the plunge and buy one, but I have a couple of questions before I do and I hope you vets can help please?

1. Am I missing something fundamental, or is the Racer 2 a good bet for the money/my budget?
2. Is the pro package at £550 worth the extra £130 over the standard at £420- considering I still need a pinpointer and all other gear - would I be better to stick to the standard package and spend the extra on other bits?
3. Am I spending too much on my first machine? Is it likely to hold its price if I end up not carrying on with the hobby for whatever reason? (I only ask as I don't want to buy a c.£180 machine and find I "buy twice" within a month)...
4. Do the standard rules apply as to all other hobbies when it comes to telling the wife how much it cost? x; =))

Thanks for reading!
Steve

This topic has 23 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”