Eyes only find

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT Before Creating an ID Request, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....

H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
Wessexlad

Eyes only find

Post by Wessexlad » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 pm

I picked this up in a car park yesterday. I'm not looking for an ID (hence no scale), it's quite clearly an earring with the post bent sideways 90 degrees from normal, each ring is about 7mm across. My question is, is it gold? And how do I tell? It feels heavy enough (I'll try to get a weight). They look like rings of red, yellow and white gold. What's the likelihood of it being cheap metal made to look like three colours of gold? Also, are items as small asa this hallmarked? I can't see any marks of any kind.

I tried the Garrett 250 on it, it flits between notches 3 & 4, just about into the possibility of being gold.
earring1.jpg
earring2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You know you've got a weight problem when you put down a bag of salad at the self-service and the voice says "Unexpected item in bagging area".

Oxgirl36

Re: Eyes only find

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Well it might be https://www.chisholmhunter.co.uk/9ct-3- ... rings.html

There again it might not

No idea how you test though but modern and no hallmarks means unlikely to be gold - sorry :-L
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 14 x;

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”