Before creating an ID request please note you must:
1. include at least 2 photos of the item, both sides of a coin, or two angles of other items.
2. Include a ruler or other form of scale that clearly displays the scale in cm or inches. A coin or written dimensions is not acceptable.
Further information will also help, full guidance is below:
H - Have at least two good sized clear photos.
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler.
M - Machine used and settings are interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.
- Posts: 1711
- Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:49 pm
- Has thanked: 738 times
- Been thanked: 333 times
And it did so today in the form of an iron age brooch.
I had 4 metal signals in two hours! 2 pieces of lead, bit of a broken buckle and this one.
Its a first for me and I am thinking its a la tene type ? I assume its BC but I am hopeful one of the experts here can give a precise ID on this.
I think only the catchplate is missing but I am amazed that much of it is complete as this field has had the scuff treatment for many years and most items found are usually in 'bits'
Thanks for looking and good luck everyone who is out this weekend.
Settings as below
Usual settings: Prog 9 (Hot), manual, 27khz
Grid is 1mm squares within 10mm blocks
[member of Taynton Metal Detecting Club - http://www.glevumdetecting.com
- Posts: 11431
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:34 pm
- Location: Somerset
- Has thanked: 1402 times
- Been thanked: 1257 times
And a lesson to any new to the hobby....check everything out that you find
- Posts: 12251
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
- Location: A Lancastrian living in sunny Oxfordshire
- Has thanked: 4929 times
- Been thanked: 5729 times
XP Deus I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil
Hammered silver 2019 - 26
- Posts: 11000
- Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:21 pm
- Location: North Lincolnshire
- Has thanked: 2302 times
- Been thanked: 2998 times